• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    Hey guys, I'll be moving to Oklahoma for about 5 months here soon, and it just occurred to me that a Utah permit would come in handy there. Does anyone know of a class coming up in the next week and a half?

jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    I just called and asked about it and they said they're not doing it on the first for whatever reason....Any other ideas???

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    It's not a favorite here but in Millersville Worth-A-Shot has the class July 28th at 5:00pm, it's $100 there. I haven't checked Maryland Small Arms in Upper Marlboro, but they should have the class there as well. fred55

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Plan on about 90 days before you get your actual card in hand. If I had to do things over again, I'd just send my app to New Hampshire.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    I took the class at worth-a-shot and sent in my application. They say that they have 60 days to get you your license after cashing your check. I got mine withing 30 days.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I took the class at worth-a-shot and sent in my application. They say that they have 60 days to get you your license after cashing your check. I got mine withing 30 days.

Yup. Utah has 60 days to get qualified applicants their permits after processing begins.

Great news for new applicants. Utah BCI lowered the price by $5. Now $62 for non-residents as of 7/1/2018

New applications can be downloaded here
    https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2018/06/CFP-app-06012018.pdf

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I took the Utah class at Freestate. Good class, streamlined process, one stop shop. Had my permit in less than 60 days.

Going there in a couple of weeks to do MD Wear and Carry. They offer the required DC training as part of that, and they will (for an additional fee), walk you through the application process. I'm having them do that for me.

(I'm a real estate agent, so we believe I will be good to go, but it's worth it to me to have someone hold my hand through the process.)

(I'm also a member of MSI, I'm going to reach out to them, too.)

(I never let my gas tank get below 1/4.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom