• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    ughh, thought you had something. Wife can't use cause not approved for medical use.
    THat is how ever a good price though.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    I appreciate you sharing this - but I just want to note I’ve read there are a lot of counterfeit goods on Amazon. At least one of the reviewers of these masks is claiming these are counterfeit. China’s been caught sending fake/ineffective masks before earlier in 2020. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    I didn't know that Athelney878. Thanks for sharing.

No problem! I may have lacked in other areas but I had a decent stock of n95 masks and p100 respirators before this all started. Getting toward the end of the n95s these days, and it’s pretty hard to talk to people through p100s, which also tend to scare people.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyone know about kf94 korean masks? Trying to figure out what to wear when I go back to school.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anyone know about kf94 korean masks? Trying to figure out what to wear when I go back to school.
    They're good respirators. Some might have an odd fit. They sell both medical grade and industrial work grade versions of the KF94. However when I last checked the medical grade ones were $3-4/each, so not much less than US N95 masks (disposable kind), and pricier than decent KN95 masks (that you want to be certified as either GB 2626-2006 or GB 2626-2019). Ebay is filled with bogus KN95 masks which often tout being 5-layer masks with melt blown inner layers, but lack the correct certification in the box.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Basically the k means ear loops instead of head bands. They don’t seal as well so they aren’t as good as n95. And it does appear to be an Asian standard. Most kn95 sold come out of China.

It’s better than a cloth or standard surgical mask.

I ran a FB mask group for 3 years, with almost 4,000 followers until I dumped the group due to FB policies.

KN95 has nothing to do with ear loops. It is a Chinese rating.

KF94 is a Korean standard.

N95 is Niosh, and a US standard.

Respirators from the EU, UK, and parts of Asia use the FFP1, 2, OR 3 designation (Filtering Face piece), but may also be marked as N95, N80, etc, in the US.

By the way, there is also a P1, P2, etc. designation for masks that work against aerosols. Amazes me how the P designation has not made the rounds of internet folklore, yet. It is a better choice against COVID, but I assume they are not easily found (or perhaps they are again, recently). I have about 12 left, but they are respirators with a vent, so I have to tape the hole. They are also Asian 3M, so a bit smaller than I would like. Model is 3M 8922.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom