• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    By give a hand I mean if you need an RSO I can probably help but I am not a pistol instructor :D.

Thank-you sir. Are you a maybe or a definite? Whatever you do don't bring the girl in your avatar, I'll have a bunch of horny teenagers shooting each other:D:lol2:

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Could you gentlemen who have stepped up let me know when you're available? We will be at the range 9 to 4 with a break for lunch( I'll feed you!) first hour will be safety briefing/ instruction.

Thanks!

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I scanned through this thread....wish I had the training to help out...but I will never cease to be amazed at the offers for help you get on this entire site. Bravo Zulu to everyone. Just reaffirms one's faith in mankind.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I am 99% sure I can be up there for this. do you need .22lr value packs? the WW near me had at least 12 bricks of federal value. ~$23 each

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I just got home from our weekend trip. My scouts had a BLAST! I have to send out a huge thank-you to Terry(3rdRecon) Joe(Jmira), Dave( Drmsparks) and Matt(madmattmd). These guys took their Sat. and came out to make sure my guys had a good time, learned about shooting and, thanks to Terry and Joe, got to shoot some not so ordinary .22s. Both guys brought some interesting things both to shoot and for show & tell. Dave also brought some nice M1s as well.

Terry and the the guys ran a super safe range, we had no incidents save 1 AD. My Senior Patrol leader learned a big lesson about trigger finger discipline!

If any of you Scouters run into Terry, make sure you give him a scout handshake:innocent0:lol2:

Again, a huge thanks to these guys, I'm honored to know the caliber of people I've met from this community.

Steve

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I had a bunch of fun out there with all those fine young men Steve! You folks are doing a real fine job with those guys!! Glad I could help out and everybody had a good time.

uhh...about that scout handshake thing.:sad20:

I think the show and tell at the end was a bigger hit than the shooting.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I agree that a big thanks need to go out, not only to Terry, Joe and crew (not as much to me though as I had to bail a bit early), but to the Scout leaders that take there time with those young men.

I very fondly remember my Scout experiences and hope that the folks that made it happen for me know how much we appreciated their efforts, although as kids, I'm sure that I was too self-centered to make it known at the time.

Steve, I had a great time and hope to be able to contribute a bit more with your group.

BTW, Joe, is that a Honda 305 Scrambler as your avatar? I have a '67 160 Scrambler from the days when I was significantly lighter that I really need to restore.

Matt G

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I would volunteer again without hesitation. The 2 hour drive each way was cancelled out by the look on the boys faces waiting in line to get to the semi auto's, and after a mag dump of said semi =)

I think my sig522 was nicely broken in with zero failures. My Spike's AR had minimal issues, all related to resting the rifle on the magazine due to weight.

Steve, great job with the boys ( and the burgers! )..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom