• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmike3543

Sep 10, 2018
    Whatever you do don't expect to get more out of it than you put in financially. I unbubba'd a Kokura Arsenal Type 99 a while back from a barreled receiver. It's one of my favorite guns today but boy do the spare parts cost A LOT. Treat it as a labour of love and you'll enjoy the rifle all the more.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    The low number looks to be a put together with a 03A3 stock. I would rule out a rebuild in 31 because the rear sight collar and FS band doesn't look like armory work.
    Rear sight is a WWII replacement but done with what looks like a dished binding knob, cant tell a whole lot about the bolt because it's blurry in pictures, could be a 03 bolt, It does look like to have a 03/A1 striker due to the streamlined shape forward of the knob.
    Better pictures would help, deciding to shoot is up to you.

Between the two rifles you could put together a decent shooter. Selling the checkered butt-plate which could be off a M2 and milled bottom metal from one or the other would buy you the additional parts. A nice back sight is already done for you on the Remington and a sight collar is already there on the L/N.
    That leaves you with a L/N barreled receiver and a sported stock + a bunch of bits without the need to consider ammo or PPE problems for shooting, or at the very least trade/ sale fodder for other interests.

Sorry it took so long but here a couple pics of the bolt.

9YSBJVn.jpg

uh3ZQCb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom