Loyola University Maryland looking for assistant rifle coach.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    Loyola University is looking for an assistant rifle coach for our Rec Sports Marksmanship Team. This is a part-time position of one or two days a week for just a few hours with an occasional Saturday for matches and times may vary due to student class schedules but usually in the afternoon or early evening. Practice location is Continental Arms Indoor Range in Timonium. The season runs from September to May and the lucky candidate can start right away.

Must be 21 or older and not be prohibited from possessing a firearm.
    Experience in three position smallbore or airgun preferred but not required.
    Basic understanding of rifle shooting and safe firearms handling is required.
    NRA Rifle Instructor certification or Level 1 Rifle Coaching certification preferred but not required with the possibility of the University sending you to either school.
    An enjoyment of target shooting and the maturity and willingness to pass that enjoyment onto young shooters is a must.
    Do not be discouraged if you do not have formal training. If you love the shooting sports and want to pass that on to young shooters and are willing to learn the sport, that works also. We had one coach for a while who had not shot a rifle since the 60's in the service and he did a great job assisting.

Pay: Sorry, it sucks. Only minimum wage but you do get perks.
    Free membership to the University's Fitness & Aquatic Center (FAC) which is a very nice fitness facility.
    Free membership to Continental Arms for the entire year.
    The Marksmanship team is also a CMP club so you have access to purchase items from the CMP.

Please message me here or email me at rjprzybylski@loyola.edu if interested or you have any questions.

Rick
    Rifle Coach
    Loyola University Maryland
    :bullhorn:

abu Haqiqa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 10, 2017
    I know nothing about Rick or Loyola's Rec Sports Marksmanship team, but I have taught courses at LUM and just wanted to say that it's generally a great group of kids there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Whoever takes the job, make Loyola proud. I've got a vested interest in that school.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hey you. Yeah, you know who I'm talking to. Tim, that job would be right up your alley, and up the street.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Glad to see my alma mater supporting a rifle team and taking advantage of the indoor facilities at Continental. While I wish LUM had come out to the AGC, I am also encouraged that Johns Hopkins University's team was able to get started with the help of the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club's Juniors coaches.

I am sure that Loyola will find a good coach from among the many that are in the state. Maybe even Art Cook will come out of retirement!

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    Glad to see my alma mater supporting a rifle team and taking advantage of the indoor facilities at Continental. While I wish LUM had come out to the AGC, I am also encouraged that Johns Hopkins University's team was able to get started with the help of the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club's Juniors coaches.

I am sure that Loyola will find a good coach from among the many that are in the state. Maybe even Art Cook will come out of retirement!

Unless something has changed at the AGC, I do not think the facilities will accommodate 3 position smallbore at 15 yards. Plus they are only open till sunset and we practice a lot in the evening due to student class schedules.
    I was very happy to hear Hopkins got their team back up and running. One of their shooters, Lauren, went to Philly for NRA sectionals along with us a few weekends ago and she kicked butt in smallbore. We are in the same rifle conference as well.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Unless something has changed at the AGC, I do not think the facilities will accommodate 3 position smallbore at 15 yards. Plus they are only open till sunset and we practice a lot in the evening due to student class schedules.
    I was very happy to hear Hopkins got their team back up and running. One of their shooters, Lauren, went to Philly for NRA sectionals along with us a few weekends ago and she kicked butt in smallbore. We are in the same rifle conference as well.

I am just happy to see both of the colleges actively supporting rifle teams.

It would be great to see a local invitational match for the teams at Loyola, Hopkins, UM and UMBC (assuming it is still around).

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I have received several great responses and we are working through the list. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to respond and I will add you to the list but just be aware we are working through the list and this is our down time for practices so my response may be a little slow. Thank you all for the great responses.
    Rick

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have received several great responses and we are working through the list. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to respond and I will add you to the list but just be aware we are working through the list and this is our down time for practices so my response may be a little slow. Thank you all for the great responses.
    Rick

Are you affiliated with the school other than the shooting team?

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I read that they were looking for an "Assault Rifle Coach"...I was trying to picture how awesome that team would be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom