• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Finally picked up the Ruger Predator in 6.5 CM and got it all together. Thanks Gary @ High Rock! It has a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4X12-40, Matthews Fabrication cheek rest and an epay $16 Tacfire TPI compact type brake (308 but I heard they work pretty well). I also have a EGW 20 MOA scope mount base but have not installed it as of yet. The trigger is really nice and was delivered @ 3.4 - 3.5 lb. average break. Hope to get it to the range and report back sometime in the near future.

Finally had a chance to get it to the range. It was quite windy so I had to wait until the wind laid over with each shot. I sent a total of 16 rounds down range. 3 to get it to 2" above the POA @ 100 yards. The first 3 pics were using Hornady 140 grain ELD Match. All sub MOA. Finally I just for the hell of it I sent 3 Hornady 143 grain ELD-X Precision Hunter and its POI was 2 inches right and the group was .515. I am extremely happy with it being such an inexpensive rifle. It should get better on a calm day with a few more rounds through the new barrel. This was the first time out, no trigger adjustments shot off of the bipod with a bag under the buttstock.

Attachments

• IMG_1814.JPG
      IMG_1814.JPG
      45.1 KB · Views: 209
    • IMG_1815.JPG
      IMG_1815.JPG
      37.8 KB · Views: 233
    • IMG_1816.JPG
      IMG_1816.JPG
      37.4 KB · Views: 214
    • IMG_1813.JPG
      IMG_1813.JPG
      51.2 KB · Views: 225

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Finally had a chance to get it to the range. It was quite windy so I had to wait until the wind laid over with each shot. I sent a total of 16 rounds down range. 3 to get it to 2" above the POA @ 100 yards. The first 3 pics were using Hornady 140 grain ELD Match. All sub MOA. Finally I just for the hell of it I sent 3 Hornady 143 grain ELD-X Precision Hunter and its POI was 2 inches right and the group was .515. I am extremely happy with it being such an inexpensive rifle. It should get better on a calm day with a few more rounds through the new barrel. This was the first time out, no trigger adjustments shot off of the bipod with a bag under the buttstock.

.515” Nice shooting first time out. Got my 6.5 From Gary too.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I got a Bergara B-14HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't yet have a scope for it yet so it has not hit the range. But I will say the trigger is AMAZING.

What scopes are people running?

Started out with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24. That worked well out to 1200yds. I’ve since upgraded to a NF ATACR 5-25.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Started out with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24. That worked well out to 1200yds. I’ve since upgraded to a NF ATACR 5-25.

I have a Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmore. Had it out to 300 yards with 1 inch group first time out.. hope to take it to 1,000 when I find a decent scope.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I got a Bergara B-14HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't yet have a scope for it yet so it has not hit the range. But I will say the trigger is AMAZING.

What scopes are people running?

Mark at 2A Sales talked me into this rifle and it's awesome!

I put a Vortex Viper HS in 6-24x50 on mine and I love the set up. So far I've been shooting factory ammo and it's been sub MOA, even with the cheaper stuff. I'm going to start working up some rounds on my press and experiment with powders and bullets to see what it likes best. I'm curious to see how much better it shoots with good ammo.

Mark at 2A Sales talked me into this rifle and it's awesome!

I put a Vortex Viper HS in 6-24x50 on mine and I love the set up. So far I've been shooting factory ammo and it's been sub MOA, even with the cheaper stuff. I'm going to start working up some rounds on my press and experiment with powders and bullets to see what it likes best. I'm curious to see how much better it shoots with good ammo.

I think I remember when you posted when you got it. My first thought was the colors were odd. But when I actually held one a couple months ago, it just felt so good. and the trigger.....my god the trigger.

Glockman80

Feb 23, 2018
    Maryland
    NF

I like Vortex stuff, have several of their optics. I'll have to check that one out. The price tag on the NF gave me heart palpitations :lol2:

Vortex does have nice stuff and can be had at good discounts but then NF optics if you can get one are amazing thinking about a NF and 6.5 PRC, anyone have experience with that newer Hornady round in 6.5PRC?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Did you like the Vortex PST 6-24? That’s the exact scope I want to buy...

It was my first Mil scope. I could compare it to a Leupold VX6 and a few Nikon scopes I had beforehand.

Overall the glass was more than clear enough for me to shoot in overcast conditions at 1200yds. I tested the turret accuracy and the POI movement per click was pretty accurate. The Zero stop shim system is so so but good enough for semi regular shooting. The knurling on the turrets is a bit sharp. The zoom dial is very stiff but maybe that is intentional. I ended up getting the zoom leaver. The reticle app is good. For $850 I was satisfied.

Since I’ve upgraded to the Nightforce I do Notice that the glass is not as bright in lower light conditions and I like the NF reticle better.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    I have a Savage 10 SBA in 6.5 Creedmor with a 6-18x 44 Vortex Crossfire. I took it to the range and tried a few different factory loads at 100 yds - Hornady American Gunner, Federal Gold Medal Match, and Hornady 140gr Match. The Hornady 140gr Match was best. I didn’t measure the group but the 3 shots are covered by a dime. Good enough for me.
    Also - The American Gunner shot better than the Gold Medal Match, I was surprised.

Attachments

• CB0B27B9-64EF-4D3D-B825-3E8AFC030BD6.jpg
      CB0B27B9-64EF-4D3D-B825-3E8AFC030BD6.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 232
    • 919491E9-1D9E-4326-9F7E-A285E68C6AC9.jpg
      919491E9-1D9E-4326-9F7E-A285E68C6AC9.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 232

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    It was my first Mil scope. I could compare it to a Leupold VX6 and a few Nikon scopes I had beforehand.

Overall the glass was more than clear enough for me to shoot in overcast conditions at 1200yds. I tested the turret accuracy and the POI movement per click was pretty accurate. The Zero stop shim system is so so but good enough for semi regular shooting. The knurling on the turrets is a bit sharp. The zoom dial is very stiff but maybe that is intentional. I ended up getting the zoom leaver. The reticle app is good. For $850 I was satisfied.

Since I’ve upgraded to the Nightforce I do Notice that the glass is not as bright in lower light conditions and I like the NF reticle better.

Thanks for the great review. Going to look around at the York show tomorrow. If I don’t find one there, I will be ordering one soon...

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Not screwed together yet, but it is an Aero M5e1 builder set. JP bolt, silent capture system, and barrel. Magpul stock, superlative adjustable gas block and LaRue trigger.

Attachments

• F58FA248-7FD0-4C6C-9732-42ECEA98D555.jpg
      F58FA248-7FD0-4C6C-9732-42ECEA98D555.jpg
      189.9 KB · Views: 219

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Not screwed together yet, but it is an Aero M5e1 builder set. JP bolt, silent capture system, and barrel. Magpul stock, superlative adjustable gas block and LaRue trigger.

I’m interested in building a semi-auto 6.5cm. I’ve got two bolt guns so from a reloading standpoint it just makes sense to have fewer calibers.

What is the silent capture system?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Got a Krieger 1:7.5 twist coming for the RPR and hopefully new scope soon.

Agreed on the post above, I have a 308 semi and tossed the idea around about building a new upper for it. Just saw that white oak makes 6.5cm barrels now....might give them a shot.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    The silent capture system is an expensive buffer and spring. Lol. It’s made by JP enterprises and supposedly reduces felt recoil and noise compared to a regular buffer spring. Guys that have them swear by them.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The silent capture system is an expensive buffer and spring. Lol. It’s made by JP enterprises and supposedly reduces felt recoil and noise from a regular buffer spring. Guys that have them swear by them.

Heard the same but I've never shot one with it to verify lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom