• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    That is the firsr rule of firearms never touch a weapon with out asking second is treat all firearms as if they are loaded.

I have encore and contender handguns and shoot some large rounds and get strange looks, If someone has questions about what I am shooting I have no issues with someone asking me about tehm at a break, I normaly will let them shoot it. this is 1/2 the fun about using M.G. is talking and seeing, shoting things that you normaly wouldnt get to.

But if someone grabs my firearms with out my permison I would have something to say and maybe more depenidng how it was grabbed.

picking up a weapon could be considered a hostile act.:mad54:

Well, my friend was slightly hostile. I try to diffuse these types of situations ASAP. Nothing is worth an argument at a gun range. Part of what allows legal gun owners to keep their guns in occupied MD is the fact that legal gun owners are the most civil and outstanding individuals in the community. To quote a wise penguin from a certain animated movie: "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" :cool:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    he is quick to point out your mistake (and that is fine we all make them) but he has no clue or doesn't care that he is making a very big mistake. smiling and waving doesnt do anything to correct the issue, maybe hurting his feelings some will teach him some manners and respect for others firearms.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    When I see that guys truck their I just turn around and go home I have nothing nice to say to that guy at all and I really want to shove that whistle up his @SS. I know he is trying to help but being a dick to people don't help a thing. Last time I was there with him I went to use the table next to him it was one of the tables I like down there a taller one he ask me if I had a gun that spit brass and I told him if you mean a simi auto yes so he told me to move to another table he doesn't want me hitting him with brass he did not ask me to move he told me to move I ignored him and went on about my day I use brass catchers and what not because I reload. The guy is going say something to the wrong person one day he don't like young people and allot of young people now days lack respect and will not take his crap I hope the day never comes but he is asking for it.

Went down today to put a few through my Enfield and my friends Mosin. Nice cool breeze, but it kept ripping my targets down. Yogi was there, hollerin at some young folks on how to shoot, blowin his rape whistle etc. The funniest part was when the girl was shooting.

Yogi: You shot high and to the right.
    Girl: hehe.
    Yogi: Don't laugh it isn't funny.

PRICELESS

I guess i'm starting to feel like alot of people. He may be a little prying and overbearing sometimes, but atleast he keeps an eye on things and keeps everything going smoothly. Second time in a row he picked up my friends firearm without asking though, he was not happy :lol2:

Great crowd, met some new people :party29:

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Was there today(Sunday) at 3-ish. Brought my cousins down to shoot everything in my sig. Really hot. Dan was down there policing the range. No safety issues 'cept at the end some newcomers were handling guns during "cold".

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Almost went today. Decided to clean the pool, grill steaks and reload .223 instead. I need to get out badly, though. Trigger finger is itchy.:D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Almost went today. Decided to clean the pool, grill steaks and reload .223 instead. I need to get out badly, though. Trigger finger is itchy.:D

woke up around nine.. step outside.. and it was steaming hot.. so i opted to stay home also.. cleaned my man-cave and put brass in the tumbler.

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    When I see that guys truck their I just turn around and go home I have nothing nice to say to that guy at all and I really want to shove that whistle up his @SS. I know he is trying to help but being a dick to people don't help a thing. Last time I was there with him I went to use the table next to him it was one of the tables I like down there a taller one he ask me if I had a gun that spit brass and I told him if you mean a simi auto yes so he told me to move to another table he doesn't want me hitting him with brass he did not ask me to move he told me to move I ignored him and went on about my day I use brass catchers and what not because I reload. The guy is going say something to the wrong person one day he don't like young people and allot of young people now days lack respect and will not take his crap I hope the day never comes but he is asking for it.

Not sure but I think I saw this guy once before at the range. He was having a fit on people handling thier guns while the range was cold. He was right. However, when you act like an ass, the message gets lost.
    As far as touching someone's firearms without thier consent, I can't believe anyone would do that. I have always found that most people are happy to have someone admire their firearms and are all too happy to tell you about them and even let you fire them. I'm no exception.
    As far as this guy being rude, I agree. At some point he will confront the wrong person and get a knuckle sandwich.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    MG has been extremely crowded ever since the St. Charles SC closed their range. Coincidence or not, it's getting really busy. I hate shooting when 15 people are waiting on the ramp and walking behind me.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    MG has been extremely crowded ever since the St. Charles SC closed their range. Coincidence or not, it's getting really busy. I hate shooting when 15 people are waiting on the ramp and walking behind me.

+1. Last Friday AM I had to wait a little and most of the shooters were there complaining about the closing of the St. Charles club range.

DNR actually came around and checked permits. I was really surprised as I had never seen that before. What was really weird was he was not wearing a uniform.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    +1. Last Friday AM I had to wait a little and most of the shooters were there complaining about the closing of the St. Charles club range.

DNR actually came around and checked permits. I was really surprised as I had never seen that before. What was really weird was he was not wearing a uniform.

was it the natural resource police or the people working for the wildlife/dnr in myrtle grove?

just curious.. last year seen the natural resource police quite often but this year.. havent seen them during the weekends.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    was it the natural resource police or the people working for the wildlife/dnr in myrtle grove?

just curious.. last year seen the natural resource police quite often but this year.. havent seen them during the weekends.

Must be because annual range permits expire on 7/31st of each year.. I have to get a new one myself.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Must be because annual range permits expire on 7/31st of each year.. I have to get a new one myself.

got my permit saturday.. the assistant manager, who was tending the sports section at the time, didnt know what it was..have to point it out to her.. :sad20:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have had mine and hunting license for several weeks already. no reason to wait until the lest minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom