• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I like Green Ridge because it's only $5/day and it's not far from my Dad's place.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Looking for a little more infor on Shooters Range.

Any of you that have been there, do you need to supply your own targets? Also, do they allow you to bring ammo in, or do you need to purchase it there?

Thanks.

They have ammo and targets for sale, along with a selection of ear/eye protection and guns for rent. You only have to buy house ammo if you rent one of their guns. The guys who work there, Glen and Nels, are great guys. They offer the NRA basic pistol class, and I think a few others, a few times a year. Overall, I'm very happy with it, so much so that I'm prolly going to apply for my PA CCW so I can actually go shopping and such after I shoot.

Is Shooters Range the place with the machine gun for rent?

Yes, but I've never actually rented it so I can't comment.

Okay - well, found out the hard way that Shooter's Range in Chambersburg is now CLOSED on Sundays during the summer.

That's not new, they were closed on Sundays last summer too. If I to shoot on Sundays in the summer, I usually head to Green Ridge.

They have ammo and targets for sale, along with a selection of ear/eye protection and guns for rent. You only have to buy house ammo if you rent one of their guns. The guys who work there, Glen and Nels, are great guys. They offer the NRA basic pistol class, and I think a few others, a few times a year. Overall, I'm very happy with it, so much so that I'm prolly going to apply for my PA CCW so I can actually go shopping and such after I shoot.

Yes, but I've never actually rented it so I can't comment.

That's not new, they were closed on Sundays last summer too. If I to shoot on Sundays in the summer, I usually head to Green Ridge.

Hopalong / I didn't have a gun last summer :)

Any other info on green ridge you can provide?

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Hopalong / I didn't have a gun last summer :)

Any other info on green ridge you can provide?

Fair enough, and welcome to the club. :)

Green Ridge is an outdoor range (part of a state park), about 40 minutes west of Hagerstown on I-68. $5 for an all day pass, or $25 per year. They've got ten lanes that are well sheltered, roughly half are 100 yard rifle slots, the other half are 25 yard pistol/shotgun/black powder slots. No range officer, paper targets only, no full auto. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to use these silly "sound tubes" for shooting centerfire rifles.

Some of the guys from the area organize MDS "Mini Shoots" every so often. I have yet to make one, but soon, soon my day shall come....

Last edited:

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Mbz - where DO you go shoot aroun here?!

Greenridge or my backyard or on a friends farm or we sometimes shoot .22 at my other friends house.

Fair enough, and welcome to the club. :)

Green Ridge is an outdoor range (part of a state park), about 40 minutes west of Hagerstown on I-68. $5 for an all day pass, or $25 per year. They've got ten lanes that are well sheltered, roughly half are 100 yard rifle slots, the other half are 25 yard pistol/shotgun/black powder slots. No range officer, paper targets only, no full auto. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to use these silly "sound tubes" for shooting centerfire rifles.

Some of the guys from the area organize MDS "Mini Shoots" every so often. I have yet to make one, but soon, soon my day shall come....

That would be me :wave:

I drive up to GreenRidge it seems at least every other week sometimes more often. And sound tubes are only if we don't know everyone there otherwise they get ignored. :D

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    holepunch, I shot a berret 50 with the brake so all the blast came back at me. I tried it once to see if I could follow the rules. It felt like I got slapped in the face. It kicked up stuff in the tube and I had a few cuts. So needless to say that never happend again.

Platekiller

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom