• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I’d call Primary and let them know you were able to get the mags from another vendor and you’re no longer doing business with them

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    But you make it sound like I’m doing something illegal. I’m a law abiding citizen. But I’m of the mind that if it’s not expressly prohibited, it’s allowed.

In light of the recent MSP advisories for picking up or transferring standard cap mags out of state from firearms you bought in state, MSP's thoughts are when you get billed or pay in MD you are buying in MD which is verboten. Why should it matter between guns with mags or mags alone.

Now you've thrown another vendor under the legal bus because they allowed you to talk them into breaking the 'law'. I'd at least edit out where you bought them from. Bad form, especially to crow about it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Notice the MSP has been contacting businesses out of state and threatening them, in order to impose extra-legal restraints and restrictions.

Maryland has been doing this crap for years, and not just about guns related things.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Notice the MSP has been contacting businesses out of state and threatening them, in order to impose extra-legal restraints and restrictions.

Maryland has been doing this crap for years, and not just about guns related things.

THis, and I personally can't blame any business for not shipping to MD, particularly after getting contacted by MSP. The contact most likely included legal threats. As Frosh sues Trump and anyone else in the way of the progressive agenda, I'm sure Primary Arms just looks at it and says "It's not worth it". Almost all of us would do the same if we were the business owner.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    No disrespect intended with this response. "It's your billing address stupid"...:lol: In addition, there have been reports that some out of state venders/stores are also refusing sails of standard capacity magazines in store to MD residents when they run customer cards and the billing address indicates a MD address.:sad20:
    I was always nervous about the State billing address on my cards too. This is why I always pay cash in PA for my “extra curricular” purchases north of the Mason Dixon.

BTW, bought a Radical Arms 300 BO from Primary a while back - ships with no mag, & advertised that way.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    In light of the recent MSP advisories for picking up or transferring standard cap mags out of state from firearms you bought in state, MSP's thoughts are when you get billed or pay in MD you are buying in MD which is verboten. Why should it matter between guns with mags or mags alone.

Can you link to this official advisory? I cannot find it.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda

I'm starting to feel the weight of all the communism. Ugh. I have to keep reminding myself that its still better than when I lived in Cali.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Can you link to this official advisory? I cannot find it.

2nd page of MD 2A Issues has one.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=216449

This forum has a lot of traffic so your best bet is to look and search before posting up new topics.

MSP kind of wiggles the legal bar every once in a while just to keep the subjects on edge. Good job on editing the OP. You're not the only one who's been tripped up over this nonsense.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of
    MSP contacting an out of state vendor? Just because a vendor said it doesn't make it true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome. But you make it sound like I’m doing something illegal. I’m a law abiding citizen. But I’m of the mind that if it’s not expressly prohibited, it’s allowed.

I’m a new member with a low post count because I’m a new resident. All things in time.

Were you in MD when you ordered them?

If so, you violated the law.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Were you in MD when you ordered them?

If so, you violated the law.

This. It is illegal to purchase magazines greater than 10 rounds in this state. If you were in the state of Maryland when you placed the online order, you were in violation of the law regardless of where it was shipped.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    As long as they didn't take your money and give you nothing for it or a full refund, then they didn't screw you over. They have no obligation to sell you anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom