• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I planned on doing short demonstrations and allowing observers hand me their AR components to be gauged or they can just observe.

One of the 3 most interesting demos are as follows:

Barrel Demonstration
    This includes a bore scope scope check, gas port alignment check, headspace check, throat gauging, muzzle erosion, and bore straightness gauge.

Bolt Group Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas key, gas key bolt test, inspection of the carrier and bolt, gas key obstruction test, carrier variation identification, extractor inspection, firing pin protrusion gauge, firing pin bore gauge, small component examination, extractor spring identification, and ejector test.

Gas System and Alignment Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas tube flange, testing gas tube alignment, gas port alignment, and gauging the gas tube for obstructions.

During down time and betwwen demos, I may be able to help look at troublesome AR's.

I do not plan to sell or charge for anything.
    Awesome. Glad you can make it this year.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I planned on doing short demonstrations and allowing observers hand me their AR components to be gauged or they can just observe if the range is ok with that.

One of the 3 most interesting demos are as follows:

Barrel Demonstration
    This includes a bore scope scope check, gas port alignment check, headspace check, throat gauging, muzzle erosion, and bore straightness gauge.

Bolt Group Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas key, gas key bolt test, inspection of the carrier and bolt, gas key obstruction test, carrier variation identification, extractor inspection, firing pin protrusion gauge, firing pin bore gauge, small component examination, extractor spring identification, and ejector test.

Gas System and Alignment Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas tube flange, testing gas tube alignment, gas port alignment, and gauging the gas tube for obstructions.

During down time and betwwen demos, I may be able to help look at troublesome AR's but only if its ok with the range.

Im a stickler for safety. No ammo in or near the trailer. Im a stickler for Muzzle Awareness, Trigger Finger awareness, Mechanical Safety use, Chamber Flag use, and Clearing Bucket Use (Sand Bucket). The above is part of my "weapons handling routine".

I do not plan to sell or charge for anything.

I'm looking forward to this almost as much as shooting on the range.

I'm interested in AR-15's but find myself literally paralyzed by indecision because of the staggering amount of choices in today's marketplace. I lean toward building my own and installing a match grade barrel of some sort but am open to recommendations. My primary use for it would be medium range (100-300 yards) varminting and target shooting so you can expect a lot of questions in that regard.

The first gun the Army stuck in my hands was an M-16A1 and it was a good one. I qualified 'Expert' with open sights on silhouette targets (50-300 meters) at Fort Sill, OK in 1976. Of course, once I arrived in Berlin it was, "you're in Weapons Squad now, 'cruit, here's an M67 90mm to hump..." until earning the right to carry an M-16 again almost two years later. I still now how to field-strip and clean an AR but that's about the full extent of my technical knowledge.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Gentlemen, this is a breakthrough moment. The Mrs. has never shown much interest of any kind in firearms, in spite of my previous efforts, but when I told her about this event she said she wanted to come check it out and would put-in for the day off at work. I'm still a little taken aback. She has worked just about every Saturday for the last 7 years.

She's pro-2A but 'afraid' of guns and I'd like to help her to get past that. You guys are gonna be able to help. I think if she takes a tour of HTC, meets some of our fellow MDS'ers and we ply her with hate-chicken, it might work? My goal is to get her to sign-up for a safety training class. If she does that, I think she'll be hooked. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Gentlemen, this is a breakthrough moment. The Mrs. has never shown much interest of any kind in firearms, in spite of my previous efforts, but when I told her about this event she said she wanted to come check it out and would put-in for the day off at work. I'm still a little taken aback. She has worked just about every Saturday for the last 7 years.

She's pro-2A but 'afraid' of guns and I'd like to help her to get past that. You guys are gonna be able to help. I think if she takes a tour of HTC, meets some of our fellow MDS'ers and we ply her with hate-chicken, it might work? My goal is to get her to sign-up for a safety training class. If she does that, I think she'll be hooked.
    If she is definitely coming just send me her name and I will add her to your ticket. She won't need a separate ticket. This is awesome news for you. My wife went through a similar transition.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good news re your wife's interest. I'm betting that Chad/Clandestine will enjoy meeting you as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I'm interested in AR-15's but find myself literally paralyzed by indecision because of the staggering amount of choices in today's marketplace. I lean toward building my own and installing a match grade barrel of some sort but am open to recommendations. My primary use for it would be medium range (100-300 yards) varminting and target shooting so you can expect a lot of questions in that regard.

The first gun the Army stuck in my hands was an M-16A1 and it was a good one. I qualified 'Expert' with open sights on silhouette targets (50-300 meters) at Fort Sill, OK in 1976. Of course, once I arrived in Berlin it was, "you're in Weapons Squad now, 'cruit, here's an M67 90mm to hump..." until earning the right to carry an M-16 again almost two years later. I still now how to field-strip and clean an AR but that's about the full extent of my technical knowledge.
    I'll PM you with an offer you can't refuse. 2:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    A few of the door prizes that will be available at this years event.
    137bae0b0e612fb0ab3de5a54dff989f.jpg

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Below is a list of attendees and times from MD Shooters. If you don't see your screen name it is because you didn't include it in your registration. Please send me an email or PM me with your screen name and time you selected so I can update your registration. This list is not all of the attendees but it is the properly registered members from MD Shooters.

Improperly registered guests risk cancellation.

General Admission
    clandestine
    victor39
    swinokur
    outrider58
    3paul10
    501st

10-11
    tom b
    psucobra96
    gmharle
    dblas
    naughtygoose
    chevellenut71
    engineerbrian
    StickShaker

11-12
    mpdc4511
    Zzzzz_man
    cogcon
    W2D
    Groundchuck
    fidelity

12-1
    sthomas229
    psychosteve
    donsprinter
    FPL53
    Threeband
    Aamdskeetshooter

1-2
    Rack&Roll
    Texasbob
    Glaron

2-3
    campns
    protegeV
    RoadDawg
    DaemonAssassin

3-4
    ShafTed

4-5
    Stoveman
    Thomfantomas
    Schipperke
    DC-W

5-6
    Bob

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    Will they let me set this up. Or will I have to to on bipod. :D
    Depending on how my thumbs feel this may make an appearance :innocent0

And yes I'm to cheap to buy a loader besides that would be on less thing for me to bitch about. And we won't want that:lol2:

OH and if you would like to shoot it just be there when I'm there!

Attachments

• rps20161021_063708.jpg
      rps20161021_063708.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 138

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I have been told that I make the conplexeties of the AR easy for anyone to understand.

It will be a pleasure to help however I can.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Trying to grab a spot 12-1 but having trouble getting it to go through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom