• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Asking for a friend, I have mine :D

Assume one does not have a hunter safety card.

What other training does FL accept for a MD resident. What have people successfully submitted (again, besides hunter safety)?

On the FL website I see

Any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, using instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;

Has anyone used their HQL training certificate? What about the Utah CCW course?

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV

What other training does FL accept for a MD resident. What have people successfully submitted (again, besides hunter safety)?

On the FL website I see

NRA Basic pistol course

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I was under the impression that a Florida CCW required a live fire component. Is that still the case? If so, has anyone been able to use their HQL that were training exempt? (In my case I used a regulated firearm that I already owned)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

On the FL website I see

Utah used to be acceptable with the addition of a live fire component. It doesn’t look like that’s required anymore. (Unless I’m reading it wrong)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Utah used to be acceptable with the addition of a live fire component. It doesn’t look like that’s required anymore. (Unless I’m reading it wrong)

I do not see a live fire component. Would a "state-certified instructor" now include Utah CCW training course (as I understand it, UT instructors need to be UT state certified)?

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Other Acceptable Forms of Training Documentation
    Documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in an organized shooting competition is also acceptable.:thumbsup:

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    When I and Mrs DD got our concealed carry for Florida the only thing I did was send a copy of my HQL in the packet along with all the other requirements .With in 30 days I had permit in hand

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    When I and Mrs DD got our concealed carry for Florida the only thing I did was send a copy of my HQL in the packet along with all the other requirements .With in 30 days I had permit in hand

I guess being a certified NRA instructor and RSO would work as well. It's been so long, I forget what I used.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Florida was really easy to work with. I called them to ask a question and they couldn't have been nicer answering me. Had a problem getting my brides permit, called them up and spoke to an individual that said they would look into it. A few days later permit showed up. All good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom