• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    And as for deer dropping dead, who knows, you might get lucky. I was pretty worried about it when I started hunting my back yard. I've shot one each year - two with a bow, one with a muzzlestuffer, and one with a shotgun slug. All 4 have dropped within 30 yards and all on my property.

So that means this year I'll probably shoot one that runs a half mile.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I bow shot a buck one time on some of that park property up around rt 40 when I used to work near the city. Any how it was low to the brisket so I had to chase him around and get another one into him we ended up somewhere well off from where we started.
    Sure enough a hiker came through when I was dragging him out and we crossed paths, freaking guy about had a cow when he seen the hooves tied across its head a stick through its nose and the body sewed up so it didn't get all dirty inside. He was wearing these felt ear muffs with head phones set into them and a real nice LL bean sweater.
    Thought he would have given me a hand getting him up the hill but no dice.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I bow shot a buck one time on some of that park property up around rt 40 when I used to work near the city. Any how it was low to the brisket so I had to chase him around and get another one into him we ended up somewhere well off from where we started.
    Sure enough a hiker came through when I was dragging him out and we crossed paths, freaking guy about had a cow when he seen the hooves tied across its head a stick through its nose and the body sewed up so it didn't get all dirty inside. He was wearing these felt ear muffs with head phones set into them and a real nice LL bean sweater.
    Thought he would have given me a hand getting him up the hill but no dice.

lol. That’s quite the picture. Half the reason I stopped hunting Frederick city water shed was because of all of the hikers and bikers. Unless you tried real hard to get in to thick stuff there are so many paths through there you were likely to run in to hikers or bikers in a stand or while pulling something out.

Hell, a couple of years ago when it was 0F and about -15F windchill hunting if I ran in to two crazy people on bikes.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I used to hunt Liberty and shot one up there on a saturday. It was a back trail, but stilla trail a few hiked. dragging a doe out and a guy pulls up in a jeep 75 yards before I was back. Flings open the door and a Rotty, Lab and German Shepard all jump out, spot me in 2 second and beeline straight too me. I would push the rotty away and the lab and Shepard shove their head in the propped open chest cavity. Pull the Lab out and the Rotty is back in.

The guy finally comes up and gets his dogs and says he's sorry abut that. I'm like "No problem, it's all good, They didn't tear at it just a couple licks. But they're all going to need a bath, there blood all over their necks now." Then he notices! :lol2:

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I used to hunt Liberty and shot one up there on a saturday. It was a back trail, but stilla trail a few hiked. dragging a doe out and a guy pulls up in a jeep 75 yards before I was back. Flings open the door and a Rotty, Lab and German Shepard all jump out, spot me in 2 second and beeline straight too me. I would push the rotty away and the lab and Shepard shove their head in the propped open chest cavity. Pull the Lab out and the Rotty is back in.

The guy finally comes up and gets his dogs and says he's sorry abut that. I'm like "No problem, it's all good, They didn't tear at it just a couple licks. But they're all going to need a bath, there blood all over their necks now." Then he notices! :lol2:

Kinda makes you wish you had a tennis ball to throw toward the gut pile... (not that you were close enough)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom