Am I Paranoid for Finding This Suspicious?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Most of the time its nothing. But it can also be a badguy casing your place. Answering the door allows them to gather information such as type of locks, type of security system, occupants, males vs females, dogs and potential items to steal. Etc. Too much information can be gathered by you being polite to a stranger. So eff' it... dont answer the door. It can also be a bunch of religious people trying to convert you to the enlightened path.

You can never be too careful nowadays. Leave the badguys guessing. Just have your Firearms at easy reach, a cellphone handy and make sure that you have a plan before SHTF.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Most of the time its nothing. But it can also be a badguy casing your place. Answering the door allows them to gather information such as type of locks, type of security system, occupants, males vs females, dogs and potential items to steal. Etc. Too much information can be gathered by you being polite to a stranger. So eff' it... dont answer the door. It can also be a bunch of religious people trying to convert you to the enlightened path.

You can never be too careful nowadays. Leave the badguys guessing. Just have your Firearms at easy reach, a cellphone handy and make sure that you have a plan before SHTF.

Yeah I've already had someone casing the neighborhood. He was coming around late at night for a few nights trying to sell BGE subsidiary gas and electric, no ID, no company name, just some ghetto-made flyer. But yeah, especially near Baltimore or outside DC. I ALWAYS have my phone on me, mostly because I use it so much. Weapons are always very close to me at home as well.

But this was kind of the last straw. I'm tired of this neighborhood, I'm looking into the townhouses next to the Reisterstown Food Lion. They're $1800 a month, which should attract a higher class of living, and according to crime stats, not much happens there.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    about three years ago.. My neighbor's son answered the door in a similar situation. He was thinking that nothing can happen to him. There were 5 other family members in the house.

Upon opening the door. Two armed men barged in and in a matter of a couple of minutes had everyone under their control.Home invasion robbery. These guys hog-tied everyone, ransacked the house, drove the wife and daughter to the ATM to make a withdrawal. The ordeal lasted from 9pm - 530am the following morning. This house is also flanked by homes owned by ranking LEO, military , scarcqb and none of us knew what happened until the cops showed up later. This convinced me that when SHTF...you are most likely to face it alone.

This is when I started packing a pistol in my property. I little paranoia goes a long way. I'm also sick of running and decided to stand my ground. I live in a very affluent area of PG county where high taxes and high crime go hand in hand.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    about three years ago.. My neighbor's son answered the door in a similar situation. He was thinking that nothing can happen to him. There were 5 other family members in the house.

Upon opening the door. Two armed men barged in and in a matter of a couple of minutes had everyone under their control.Home invasion robbery. These guys hog-tied everyone, ransacked the house, drove the wife and daughter to the ATM to make a withdrawal. The ordeal lasted from 9pm - 530am the following morning.

This is when I started packing a pistol in my property. I little paranoia goes a long way. I'm also sick of running and decided to stand my ground. I live in a very affluent area of PG county where high taxes and high crime go hand in hand.

Wow!!! That's the kind of thing you see in a movie. Did everyone end up being okay?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    He could have rushed me, he had a good 75lbs on me. Better to keep the element out than let it in, right? The element is bad for my health.

learn some Gracie Jiu Jitsu and the 75lbs wont matter! 5678 wont matter! but id grab my 45 if some big lug was banging on my door too. no harm in being prepared good sir

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    learn some Gracie Jiu Jitsu and the 75lbs wont matter! 5678 wont matter! but id grab my 45 if some big lug was banging on my door too. no harm in being prepared good sir

9 years of Ninjutsu, I know how to fight. Either way, just asking. Several people called me paranoid for arming myself.

twimc

Feb 10, 2009
    above the belt
    why wouldnt you have talked through the door??

seems to be the best way of actually determining what the situation is all about.

you can still have your gun ready but just ask "who is it"....problem solved

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Yup.. everyone is physically Okay, but mentally fornicated.

Being put in a situation of being helpless, while family members are in harms way is one of the most tormenting experience that a person can go through. When the sanctity of your home is violated. Nothing will be the same.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Yup.. everyone is physically Okay, but mentally fornicated.

Being put in a situation of being helpless, while family members are in harms way is one of the most tormenting experience that a person can go through. When the sanctity of your home is violated. Nothing will be the same.

Wow. I can only imagine how that must of felt...
    i did ninjitsu. its silly. learn real self defense. www.teammarylandbjj.com

and youre not paranoid. you are SMART. you never know. i say you should get an A+ on how you handled yourself. *pat on back* to you!:thumbsup:

Who did you study under? The ninjutsu community in MD is pretty small, I'm sure I know who you studied with.

Not paranoid. But you're going to stay in Maryland? I really hope things turn around there soon.

Jim

I work in Linthicum, MD is kind of my only option. I enjoy my salary and the company very much.

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    depends on your neighborhood I guess, react accordingly. If someone is knocking on my door I allways answer it, I wanna know what business they have knocking. Banging may be different..

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    depends on your neighborhood I guess, react accordingly. If someone is knocking on my door I allways answer it, I wanna know what business they have knocking. Banging may be different..

It was a pretty heavy pounding. But like I said, cops told me to not answer the door.

twimc

Feb 10, 2009
    above the belt
    In such a situation it just might be best not to open the door.
    How about racking the slide loud enough for the bad guy to hear it?

let them know you have weapons in your house????

it doesn't take a high IQ for some one to wait for you to leave before breaking in... and the ability to get a gun would be enough reason to target you.

Dont tip your hand to a complete stranger.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    let them know you have weapons in your house????

it doesn't take a high IQ for some one to wait for you to leave before breaking in... and the ability to get a gun would be enough reason to target you.

Dont tip your hand to a complete stranger.

Exactly. That's like hanging a sign on your door that says "hey come on in, I have valuables!"

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yep. I'm so sick of this ghetto nonsense that has invaded Owings Mills. I can't even go to the mall anymore, people get robbed at gunpoint in the effing parking lot during the day! Sadly enough, to live in a nice area you need to pay millions of dollars for a home and live by the MD/PA line.

Well not a million to buy a place out this way, even on the MD side. Foreclosure next door with 3.5 acres sold for 250k or something, the new owner DOES have alot of repair work to do to the house though. Former owners it turns out had some indoor animal hoarder problems. I saw and smelled the carpeting he ripped out. He was santitizing the underlying plywood with 40% hydrogen peroxide.

Other properties with a house in good condition sell 300k-450k. Go right over into New Freedom PA to Koller Point subdivision ( not a big ugly tract like some) and the houses start at 250.00.They are modest houses, not McMansions. Very little crime, and on the PA side you can carry!

If you can afford the 200-250k and the commute isn't a big problem, check that area out. It's real close to I83.

As to Owings mills, it was pretty ugly 10 years ago, so I have an idea of what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom