• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogface

Woofer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Neardabay, Md
    If you want to fight for your guns, do so; contribute to those you feel represent your interests the best, but don't tear down any on your side.

I started with the NRA almost 60 yrs ago as a young kid in "Junior Rifle", hung with them through a career in law enforcement, including 10 yrs as a Sniper on the Swat Team, and 10 yrs as a firearms instructor.

My first reality check came when WLP referred to ATF Agents as "Jack Booted Thugs". While I recognize that the higher-ups in ATF were glory seeking assholes, the working Agents that were getting blown off the roof of the nut jobs compound were undeserving recipients of Wayne's money seeking carnival pitch.

The revelations of spending by Wayne should slap any decent 2nd Amendment supporter to run from any association with the NRA. Not One Penny more. Thanks to Wayne, and those that have been shamelessly lured to follow him.

fchan

Dec 14, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    Do YOU want to loose your 2A rights?
    Whoa! I think that we need sooooo much 2A support right now!
    Now is not the time to attack the NRA Leadership. And, if we do attack it, lets do it from within the NRA, privately.
    Think about it. Isn't this the same divisive chatter that our "old Friends," the Russians, tried to do with the 2016 elections?
    Trying to take down the Leadership by not donating, or renewing membership, will help the Democrats in the long run. We will loose our 2A Rights!
    I do not agree with raising salaries and reducing training, etc. But, this is the time to be strong and stand together as one!
    Like the elections, let's get people we want as NRA Executives and Board Members. Let's be a STRONG NRA MEMBERSHIP and make change from within!
    We owe that to each other!

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Do YOU want to loose your 2A rights?
    Whoa! I think that we need sooooo much 2A support right now!
    Now is not the time to attack the NRA Leadership. And, if we do attack it, lets do it from within the NRA, privately.
    Think about it. Isn't this the same divisive chatter that our "old Friends," the Russians, tried to do with the 2016 elections?
    Trying to take down the Leadership by not donating, or renewing membership, will help the Democrats in the long run. We will loose our 2A Rights!
    I do not agree with raising salaries and reducing training, etc. But, this is the time to be strong and stand together as one!
    Like the elections, let's get people we want as NRA Executives and Board Members. Let's be a STRONG NRA MEMBERSHIP and make change from within!
    We owe that to each other!

what's the point if all that money gets squandered?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In order to change things from within, you have to get the attention of those within who can effect change.

Apparently they don't listen to the membership as long as the money keeps rolling in. Some air gaps in the currency pipeline might make a point; seems like nothing else has had an effect.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Cincinnati V2.0

This. But we need to have a slate of reasonably qualified replacements lined up. I'd love the EVP job, but don't have the fundraising and lobbying experience. A position on the Board of Directors I'd accept eagerly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom