• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    We get attorney fees if we prevail. I highly doubt that this case goes past the district court. At this point several state supreme courts have ruled on tasers the New York federal court, and multiple cities along with the Stat of New jersey have folded after we filed a lawsuit.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    We get attorney fees if we prevail. I highly doubt that this case goes past the district court. At this point several state supreme courts have ruled on tasers the New York federal court, and multiple cities along with the Stat of New jersey have folded after we filed a lawsuit.

I agree and think the state may fold before they get to the district court.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Am I reading the response correctly?

Because RI law says "stun-gun" and not Tazer, the SCOTUS doesn't apply?

And I'm not even gonna address semi-auto, bearable in the home, etc. and the rest of the desparation...

Seems like a smart lawyer could make quite a killing in 1984 fees from such desparation.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Am I reading the response correctly?

Because RI law says "stun-gun" and not Tazer, the SCOTUS doesn't apply?

And I'm not even gonna address semi-auto, bearable in the home, etc. and the rest of the desparation...

Seems like a smart lawyer could make quite a killing in 1984 fees from such desparation.

Since RI law does not specifically ban Tazers then they must be legal since the AG of RI says they are not "stun guns".:innocent0

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Isn't the surreply order relatively unusual? What did they ask for?

It is and the judge said they could file one if they wanted to on his own without they them asking which I actually think is a good thing.

Normally a lawsuit takes a long time to get down as you know. I filed a motion for judgement on the pleadings which is a motion filed at the very beginning of a case saying hey the facts are not in dispute rule in my favor. Normally those do not get granted. But here because of all the other taser cases I thought there would be a good chance it would be. I think the court asking for a sur reply shows that the judge is willing to just decide this case with this motion unless the State shows him something really special with their briefs.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    What's the difference between a motion for judgement on the pleadings and a motion for summary judgement?

pleadings is filed right off the bat and summary judgement is done after both sides have had a chance to collect evidence from each other so further into a case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom