• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    a pipe dream it seems, but IF you can get it back to the <$200 case for fed or blazer 9mm 124g fmj and <$300 case for fed or pmc 55g fmj, i would prob be up for 5 cases of each. if not i'll prob just buy a case here and there and spend more time golfing and less time doing matches.

Those prices are gone for a while. Late 2021 if we are lucky. Thats assuming a Trump win and no other bs.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I might be in a position to buy large amounts end of this year, beginning of next. I'd wait for prices to come down so I'm in a great position for next time but I'm also planning my escape in five years and do not want to move several pallets because that's the quantity I'd be in the market for.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I might be in a position to buy large amounts end of this year, beginning of next. I'd wait for prices to come down so I'm in a great position for next time but I'm also planning my escape in five years and do not want to move several pallets because that's the quantity I'd be in the market for.
    If you were headed to any hills, I’d want to be in your camp...

I may not hit much but I could melt a barrel with the best of them.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    If you were headed to any hills, I’d want to be in your camp...

I may not hit much but I could melt a barrel with the best of them.

I don't ever want to be under supplied again. I'm not hurting but several thousand more never hurts.

I don't think I'll consolidate calibers as aggressively as you have but once I'm in my forever home, I do plan on a pallet of 9, 45, 5.56 and 7.62x51. Possibly others. Plus more FA to send them to their new homes rapidly if need be.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't ever want to be under supplied again. I'm not hurting but several thousand more never hurts.

I don't think I'll consolidate calibers as aggressively as you have but once I'm in my forever home, I do plan on a pallet of 9, 45, 5.56 and 7.62x51. Possibly others. Plus more FA to send them to their new homes rapidly if need be.
    I think you need to adopt...

Maybe even put in that 23 and me deposit again...we should be related...somehow, some way.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Have ranges raised pricing for their ammo as well- anyone hearing of in-stock issues with popular calibers there?

Yeah, waay up at Gilbert (granted they’re a special case but usually member prices are fine) and with 9mm you’re limited to one box of whatever they can scrounge up, lately it’s stuff I wouldn’t otherwise be running through my m&p.

OldBay

Apr 26, 2020
    MD
    I've noticed on ammoseek that stock is not available almost as soon as it posts. Of course, if you add your email to the mailing list "we'll let you know when this item is back in stock." Maybe listing ammo for 2 sec, then showing it as unavailable is a creative way for some of these suppliers to increase their email marketing list?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I've noticed on ammoseek that stock is not available almost as soon as it posts. Of course, if you add your email to the mailing list "we'll let you know when this item is back in stock." Maybe listing ammo for 2 sec, then showing it as unavailable is a creative way for some of these suppliers to increase their email marketing list?

With Bass Pro and Cabelas definitely.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

most likely but in this environment isn't everything selling immediately...

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    This past Tuesday I saw bricks of primers at Clark Brothers in Virginia. I don't know what type.
    Purcell's Custom Gunsmithing in Orange VA has a fairly large inventory of most all calibers. Buckshot also. They are pricey but do ship to you. He is selling inventory of an gun shop that closed. He's has Mosin 91/30s for $600 fresh from the crate. My knees buckled a little when I saw that. He has a crate of unissued Yugo 59/66s. Crate sale only for 10,000$. Ya better hurry lol. Yeah lots of .380 S&B. Purcell's not open on Wednesday.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

I've had very good luck lately with LAX Ammo and Target Sports USA via Ammoseek. You definitely gotta be quick on the draw and have your credit/debit card ready.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    Sgammo has Wolf Gold 223/556 in stock now. 460$ per case. About 200$ more than it was....times have changed

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The ones that are buying don’t have said stash... I remember just getting back into the hobby last time prices were high... I paid more :/

Exactly. We were all newbs once, right?

Well...maybe some of us may have learned from our ammo hoarding fathers, but didn't have the financial ability to get started stockpiling right at 18 :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom