• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Things are running slower that the prediction above. At around 30,000 I'm looking at Valentine's Day. Looks like around 240-250 per week.

My latest guess is mid-January, 28335.
    For someone like me, with no patience, this has been a rough year! LOL!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    OK, understood. How well does a rack grade function? Or are they mostly museum pieces?

Here is the official CMP info:

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

From what I've been reading everyone is very happy with the grading system and the condition of the guns received has been better than anticipated.

My plan is to get a Field Grade (if they still offer them mid-Januaryish) and shoot it a bunch.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I got to visit my rack grade yesterday in ffl jail. I was pretty happy with what I got. Colt slide on a rem rand frame

Attachments

• 6D23750D-AF94-4C7C-8659-FA23FF6186CA.jpg
      6D23750D-AF94-4C7C-8659-FA23FF6186CA.jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 420

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I just got the call.
    I was number 27587.
    Still only Rack Grade available.
    Hoping mine looks as nices as Scotty's. :)

The nice lady on the phone told me that they will stop shipping on Monday and start back up after the first of the year.
    The club I belong to has a Great wars pistol match. My S&W 1917 will have company this spring went the match rolls around.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom