Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 7th, 2020, 03:19 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
It's interesting and perhaps amusing (depending on your level of cynicism) to witness the willingness to extend assistance and information to people whose intent seems to be ferreting out tools to use against us.

This seems to be the same technique that permits terrorists and the like to utilise our legal protections to spread chaos; it's just on a far lower level. It's a problem facing open societies when confronted by subversives in sheep's clothing. Hard to counteract, especially in undeclared war.

My stance might sound a bit off the wall, but I hope they ban magazines (and many other items, look at comiefornia) sooner than later. I know, crazy right. Hear me out. They are inevitably going to do it. Here is my reason for wanting it sooner than later.

If they do it sooner, it will be faster and affect more people. This helps our cause and hurts theirs.
**until we are unified they will walk all over us. It will take something big that they do (making us all felons) for all of us to unite as one and say "enough".
Until they do something that affects everyone, there will be no line drawn in the sand by our side.
The little encroachments they have been doing have been working for them. The only way the blind people on our side will wake up and take a stand is if they do something drastic and we can finally put this issue to rest.
If it happens in 20 years instead of now, there will be so many small infringements that we will be used to that one more just wont matter and people will go along with it.

I'd like to see something like a ban on any weapon that holds more than 2 rounds "because 2 is all you need to hunt". Some ban that would unify our side because our side is not at this time unified and other than an extreme overreach from them will not change our side and we need to be more together.

These little concessions that our side gives over and over and over continue.

I'll ask this to prove my point>>>
question: if 80% weapons are banned will our side fight the fight to change it?
my answer: probably not

why?
because it does not affect enough people. so it will be another liberty gouging infringement and we won't want to "die on that hill"

Let me show a questions that proves how our side will win>>>>
Question: if there were a ban on any magazine fed weapon would our side fight to change it?
my answer: absolutely 110% yes.

Why?
Because it affects enough people to effect change and finally stop the overreach.

Until there are enough people affected by an infringement, nothing will change.
It's the reason why they boil the frog so slowly.

Last edited by randomuser; August 7th, 2020 at 06:04 PM.
randomuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2020, 05:24 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
The first rule of standard capacity mag club is: don't talk about standard capacity mag club.

Because it is inevitable that the MD GA will come back around to fix this "loophole" in their long game of maximum infringement. Knowing how those clowns think, they will go for a ban without grandfathering, and instantly felonize lots of MD citizens. And then off to court it will go, also inevitably all the way to the SCOTUS. Which is why even though we have no chance of creating a non-lefty legislature in this state, and have seen our last even vaguely fair-weather conservative governor, the person in the White House and control of the senate is absolutely vital when multiple SCOTUS seats will shortly be rotated.

Support MSI in pursuit of the litigation on this we all know is coming, but support toss-up senate races in other states to keep Schumer from running the SCOTUS approval show. And do anything possible to keep Biden's puppeteers from gaining the White House. Otherwise, it will get a lot worse in MD than just being told to surrender your standard capacity mags.
^^THIS. Besides, a Search would reveal there's dozens of threads/posts that answered the question already
Proud Patriot Guard Rider
Charter Member, JPFO
Occasional Asshole
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2020, 10:09 PM #53

All these discussions remind me of my HQL class which spent way too much time trying to figure out every nuance of the mag law when the basic answer is righ out there.
Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today? Thomas Sowell
KJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM #54
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJackson View Post
All these discussions remind me of my HQL class which spent way too much time trying to figure out every nuance of the mag law when the basic answer is righ out there.
And actually, there really aren't any nuances about it to break down to ridiculous.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM #55
Wish I lived in America

Wish I lived in America

Quote:
It's interesting and perhaps amusing (depending on your level of cynicism) to witness the willingness to extend assistance and information to people whose intent seems to be ferreting out tools to use against us.

This seems to be the same technique that permits terrorists and the like to utilise our legal protections to spread chaos; it's just on a far lower level. It's a problem facing open societies when confronted by subversives in sheep's clothing. Hard to counteract, especially in undeclared war.
Bob gets it.
Maryland Wear and Carry
Utah and PA non-resident CCW
Jake4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM #56

This law takes about 4.467 seconds to show in a class. I have found people really really want to read more into it. While it is silly it is clear.

TD
miles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM #57
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake4U View Post
Bob gets it.
This implies the only people asking are anti2a and that EVERYONE that is pro2a understands every sentence in COMAR and MSP regs

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues