• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This was the busiest York show I've ever seen. I got there yesterday at 11 am and there was a line to get in the length of the building (opened at 9). Never saw THAT before. The guys that got in behind us got there first thing at 9 and the line was so long they left. Said it was halfway back to front entrance to fairgrounds.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    This was the busiest York show I've ever seen. I got there yesterday at 11 am and there was a line to get in the length of the building (opened at 9). Never saw THAT before. The guys that got in behind us got there first thing at 9 and the line was so long they left. Said it was halfway back to front entrance to fairgrounds.

I got there about the same time. I've stood in longer lines at that show but it has been sometime since that was the case.

I did hear a couple vendors complaining there were a lot of browsers but not many buyers.

I know I left empty handed. Too many AR parts vendors and not enough, like 0, 1911 parts vendors. I don't need any more AR parts.

I also don't understand why a gun show needs 3 fudge vendors, 2 nut vendors, 2 jerky vendors and a gummy bear vendor.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I got there about the same time. I've stood in longer lines at that show but it has been sometime since that was the case.

I did hear a couple vendors complaining there were a lot of browsers but not many buyers.

I know I left empty handed. Too many AR parts vendors and not enough, like 0, 1911 parts vendors. I don't need any more AR parts.

I also don't understand why a gun show needs 3 fudge vendors, 2 nut vendors, 2 jerky vendors and a gummy bear vendor.

I have a 1911 parts within eyesight of me right now.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

its called filler. no one wants to come to a show and see empty tables.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got a couple buckeyes and chocolate pretzels from the lady in the smaller hall, really nice person just started the buisness, exchanged some recipes with my wife and chatted for a while. Seriously, have you seen folks around here? The candy and snack vendors probably do alright for themselves.

bigshow

"Make my day"
    Jun 9, 2013
    Too many AR vendors for sure. Not many long guns to look at. Enjoyed the gentleman that had "old" shot gun ammo with the original boxes. My buddy bought several for his collection. Overall decent show.

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    York Show Report

Left Manchester at 8:00 on Saturday morning, stopped at a nice Greek restaurant near the York Fairgrounds for breakfast.
    Got to the show at 9:15 waited in line for 45 minutes to get in. No problem talked to people in line while walking towards the door. Good people.
    Walked through both sides or buildings looked at lots of tables, talked to Mopar.
    Bought powder, primers, mags for ar and Glocks, and a Harris bipod. No junk for me. Oh yea almost forgot, I always buy hog ears for my dogs. Man they smell good. I May have to taste them. The dogs love them!
    Maybe should have bought the Ruger Mark ii rifle in .22 250 that I was holding. Yea, if that dealer reads this he should pm me.
    Anyway left York about 2:00, had a good day.
    Good Times.
    Plumberone

TigerWoody

Master Baiter
    Oct 23, 2011
    Baltimore
    It was good...got there at 1300 and left at 1430. It was not crowded at all and you could browse without being on top of people. Bought some Glock mags and some .22lr. I fell in love with those blue ruger mark iii's and I may buy one here in MD. I went to continental arms to shoot and and see if they had mark iiis....i will never go back. Seen some guys I arrested on the firing line.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Left Manchester at 8:00 on Saturday morning, stopped at a nice Greek restaurant near the York Fairgrounds for breakfast.
    Got to the show at 9:15 waited in line for 45 minutes to get in. No problem talked to people in line while walking towards the door. Good people.
    Walked through both sides or buildings looked at lots of tables, talked to Mopar.
    Bought powder, primers, mags for ar and Glocks, and a Harris bipod. No junk for me. Oh yea almost forgot, I always buy hog ears for my dogs. Man they smell good. I May have to taste them. The dogs love them!
    Maybe should have bought the Ruger Mark ii rifle in .22 250 that I was holding. Yea, if that dealer reads this he should pm me.
    Anyway left York about 2:00, had a good day.
    Good Times.
    Plumberone

I saw the Ruger in 22-250 as well, it was still there at 2:30 today.
    I thought it was a good deal as well, but couldn't justify buying a new to me caliber rifle, when I already have two .223 bolt ground hog rifles.
    Thought it was a good show, except for the fudge venders. Said hi to Mopar & Dave, and asked about a transfer, but decided against the purchase.
    Picked up 2 standard cap. pistol magazines, 1 magazine for a C&R pistol, a folder Buck knife and very nice Bayonet with scabbard for my 1884 Springfield trap door.

:)

Turtle_Nagant

Jan 11, 2014
    Went today around 11. Didn't walk out with anything, but there were some fun things to look at. All the dealers I talked to were friendly, which is always a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom