• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A supposed gun owner upset at someone exercising their right? Doesn't smell right. And what does a well to do neighborhood and over priced liquor store have to do with anything? Only a bigger target in the city if anything.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Are you sure that the text you quoted is not superseded somewhere else? Because I've been told several times by several law enforcement officers, as well as a Sheriff, that it's TECHNICALLY legal to open carry in MD, but IN PRACTICE completely unacceptable and the police have orders to jail you any way they can if you do.

Then again, I guess police aren't infallible.

Still, kind of weird so many people that are supposed to know being wrong about this.

On your own property it is legal to carry openly or concealed. There is no distinction.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    This is where MD is very confusing for permit holders. I have a MD permit and it does not distinguish between open or concealed, but the paper that came with the permit when it was mailed to me says that the permit is for concealed carry only?????????

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is where MD is very confusing for permit holders. I have a MD permit and it does not distinguish between open or concealed, but the paper that came with the permit when it was mailed to me says that the permit is for concealed carry only?????????

It's not supported anywhere in law. Is it listed as one of your restrictions?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I live just south of Towson inside the city line in a well-to-do neighborhood. The local shopping center has an employee who works for an upscale liquor store (Wells Market) who parades around in broad daylight with a high caliber handgun displayed open carry, frequently walking to other stores in the center to get his lunch (pizza parlor, with kids present during the day). I have no problem with a concealed weapons permit (I am a gun owner), but this does not seem appropriate. I have been unable to find anything regarding the law in this regard.

Really, what is so inappropriate? Is it the parade, the fact he eats, that children exist?

Do you freak out when children are near police officers with openly displayed weapons? Do you suffer from hoplophobia most days? Do you believe that those living in wealthy areas should not be armed to ensure the criminals can work safely in the wealthiest of neighborhoods?

Could not find anything regarding the law? Perhaps you should have gone to a law website and used the search button?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    people at liquor stores carry guns. legal or not, they do, feel good legislation is not worth dying over. neither is someone elses money though.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    +1. I smell troll.

:thumbsup: I smell the same thing. Let's not encourage the troll.....

This topic has been discussed many times in other threads, both the permit specifications and the OC vs CC issue. Let him do the search......

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Really, what is so inappropriate? Is it the parade, the fact he eats, that children exist?

Do you freak out when children are near police officers with openly displayed weapons? Do you suffer from hoplophobia most days? Do you believe that those living in wealthy areas should not be armed to ensure the criminals can work safely in the wealthiest of neighborhoods?

Could not find anything regarding the law? Perhaps you should have gone to a law website and used the search button?

Sounds similar to our Maryland delegates and the amendment that they added to the gun ban bill making it illegal for off duty police officers to carry on school property. Don't have guns near children. Really. No, REALLY.

I smell troll, and stupidity.

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    The rest of the story

While others have pointed out the possibility of the OP being a troll, I encourage everyone to take a lesson away from this thread. One of the biggest problems in our country today, is the number of people who feel obligated to stick their noses up everyones asses for no reason. Mind your own friggin business and we'll all be alot better off.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    While others have pointed out the possibility of the OP being a troll, I encourage everyone to take a lesson away from this thread. One of the biggest problems in our country today, is the number of people who feel obligated to stick their noses up everyones asses for no reason. Mind your own friggin business and we'll all be alot better off.

YES THANK YOU!!!!

But as you see by all the but hurt battred gun owners here open carry is the work of the devil. God forbid any one of the useless libtards be offended by some one open carrying a firearm!!!

GET OVER IT PEOPLE OUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS NOT LIMITED TO A IN THE WAIST BAN HOLSTER HIDDEN UNDER 3 COVER SHIRTS WITH A NOTE FROM OUR MOM SAYING WE CAN!!!

YOU POOR BATTRED GUN OWNERS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    When you say he " Parades " around I get an image of Jim Carry when he throws the Mon-poly guy over his shoulders and walks around saying " DUM DA DA DUM DA DA DUM " . Cause that would be rather inappropriate.
    Or would it be OK to Prance around ?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Maybe the guy was asking for some clarification on how it can legally be done. How is asking a question and making an observation sticking his nose up someone's ass?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    My guess is he has the great coveted MD carry lisc, otherwise going off of Well's property would be a no-no. He probably knows all the local cops ( he may be one working pt at Wells, or is a retired cop), and they don't care if he open carries.

If Wells is in the same place it has been since I was a wee tot, then I know the location. I will probably now have a dream where I am open carrying half naked at the nearby Giant food store.

I do believe the location is the county, but I can't remember the actual spot of the county line at that spot. It's close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom