AAR: Hardwired Tactical Shooting "1st Responder Pistol", Culpeper, VA, 7/14-15/18

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Good write-up. Those were some nice times you posted, especially on the Bill Drill. I like that they're using a 5.5" target... I tend to find it focuses the mind a bit more than when you've got the entire A-zone. Also like how they do some longer-range work - I find myself struggling to make those 25yd hits under time pressure, even given a relatively large target.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks guys.

HiTS is all about the precision. Those two second standards were only shot at 3 yards, but the point is to try them at various distances (5,7, or in Dobbs' case, 100 yds!) to determine where you run off the rails. And then you work to improve. Always "going to the gym". It's funny how so many of these guys have similar mantras, like the CSAT "selection is a never ending process", or "the only easy day was yesterday". You have to put in the work. Bolke used to shoot 50,000 rounds of .45 ACP each year when he was a cop. I wish I had his PD budget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom