Baltimore is a dangerous place now with thugs!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Baltimore City is a cesspool, IMO. I haven't personally set foot in that wasteland in several years. It's a conscious decision I've made due to several personal encounters and experiences over the years. I also have several acquaintances that also have experienced the liberal utopia first hand (2 that were beaten and mugged, thankfully not shot, and several that were taunted and threatened but luckily no bodily injury). Used to be that the Inner Harbor was the only 'safe' place but even that isn't true anymore. It's a liberal wasteland like all of the other Democratic run cities. And since the 'common man' can't get a CCW, you are at the mercy of the slime that rules the cesspool.

Also, there is a new 'documentary' coming out called Baltimore Rising. Don't know a ton about it but from what I understand it has to do with the Freddie Gray riots. I have a feeling that it's gonna spin things to paint the rioters as victims. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not too optimistic that it will actually be very truthful or laden with facts. That would be very detrimental to the narrative and agenda....

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Always sad to see, but Baltimore being a dangerous place with thugs is nothing new. I learned that from The Wire long before I ever moved to MD!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    It's impossible to help people who don't want to be helped. For decades an order of nuns we were close to had two homes side by side bordering Patterson Park. They lived in one and operated a day care and nursing center out of the other. The vandalism, theft and harassment finally forced them out. They did have one humorous story about life there. Seems that a local working girl set up shop on the street corner outside their day care facility. One of the young nuns... blonde, blue eyed and quite attractive... went outside to ask her to leave. She was successful. When asked how she did it, she said the prostitute asked her if it was her corner and she said 'yes".

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Baltimore City is a cesspool, IMO. I haven't personally set foot in that wasteland in several years. It's a conscious decision I've made due to several personal encounters and experiences over the years. I also have several acquaintances that also have experienced the liberal utopia first hand (2 that were beaten and mugged, thankfully not shot, and several that were taunted and threatened but luckily no bodily injury). Used to be that the Inner Harbor was the only 'safe' place but even that isn't true anymore. It's a liberal wasteland like all of the other Democratic run cities. And since the 'common man' can't get a CCW, you are at the mercy of the slime that rules the cesspool.

Also, there is a new 'documentary' coming out called Baltimore Rising. Don't know a ton about it but from what I understand it has to do with the Freddie Gray riots. I have a feeling that it's gonna spin things to paint the rioters as victims. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not too optimistic that it will actually be very truthful or laden with facts. That would be very detrimental to the narrative and agenda....

I avoid Baltimore as well, easier now, I don't go where I'm not welcome.

Here's some info about that documentary:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...ontv-baltimore-rising-hbo-20171106-story.html

There's some hope, where there's a will, there is a way:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've been a city resident now for about 7 years. I knew what to expect when I moved here and to date my wife and I have not been victims of crime. It might be dumb luck, or it might be that we are aware of our surroundings, circumstance, and don't put ourselves into questionable situations. I've worked in some of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the city, including over two thirds of the city's school facilities and and almost all of the MTA facilities.

Now, I do not claim or believe myself to be immune from the dangers of Baltimore, but I do think my attitude and situational awareness have helped to keep me safe. I really enjoy living in Baltimore for a lot of reasons that might not mean much to the folks here, but for those interested in what I might be doing different here's a few tips.

We have dogs. Big, scary, over-protective dogs. We keep our doors and fence locked. We have flood lights. We don't leave anything in our cars. We don't decide to stumble home alone from the bar at 2 AM drunk. We are not tourists in the city we live in. I'm not sure if that makes much sense in writing, but there are a lot of people living in the city who just don't care enough to absorb the realities of living here. I am fairly certain most of you could spot an easy mark (a victim) if you tried. The animals of Baltimore that prey on the civilized are even better at it.

Baltimore is and will continue to be one of the more dangerous city's in America for the foreseeable future. I also completely understand those who desire a different place of residence. Some of us that live in the city understand the risks and take the necessary precautions to avoid becoming a victim, which includes understanding that you cannot rely on law enforcement to keep you safe at all times. As for me, I'm not ready to trade what I have in Baltimore for the grotesque monolith of strip malls and chain restaurants of Peoria. (I also don't have children, so there's that) This is only one man's opinion, YMMV.

I agree with you. I miss being able to walk everywhere and having good options for some really good restaurants. I would park my car Friday and not move it until Monday morning.

I too practice situational awareness in Bmore. My wife would never walk alone at night and I'd lose my spot to go pick her up. We lived in Tindeco which is pretty secure but I've lived on Curley, Fait, O'Donnell etc. I always check down alleys and if someone is walking behind me I keep track of them. Doors locked and nothing of value in the car.

I had one close call but that's about it. I'm 6' 200lbs and I'm told I look mean. I was leaving my BIL's house on Hudson in Canton, I had been helping him with an AR build. I was heading home and a guy walked in front of me so I watched him. As I got to a corner I looked over my left shoulder coming around the corner to see a big guy with a bandanna over his face. He said what's up and I kept walking at my pace. I got about a half block away turned around and they were gone. My wife knew I was in that area and saw a post on Canton neighbors that a guy got mugged on that street by a guy with a bandana over his face. It could have easily been me. I actually had a G22 in my backpack but wouldn't have been able to get it plus I didn't have any ammo.

I do have a kid now and living in the city with children is a pain especially if you don't have parking. I just keep seeing all these reports of violence in Baltimore and I realize I'm not missing much by moving to the county.

I can shoot now my air rifle, suppressed .22, and bow, which I could never do in the city. I also have to now mow the lawn, rake leaves and maintain a house...

I miss the bars and restaurants in Canton, Fells, and Fed hill but that's about it.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I do have a kid now and living in the city with children is a pain especially if you don't have parking. I just keep seeing all these reports of violence in Baltimore and I realize I'm not missing much by moving to the county.

I can shoot now my air rifle, suppressed .22, and bow, which I could never do in the city. I also have to now mow the lawn, rake leaves and maintain a house...

I think you really hit the nail on the head. My wife and I do plan on having kids one day and that will be the factor when determining the location of our next home.

I am lucky enough to have friends and family out in the county where I can do all the shooting, hunting, and green-thumbing I like. Those activities will likely be more appealing than the chaos of the city one day, just not yet. I would never make a blanket recommendation to "go live in Baltimore, it's great!" It's a choice that works for some of us.

Criminals live and thrive in the squalor of poverty. Baltimore, with a helping-hand from Annapolis, is the current host to some of the most impoverished neighbourhoods in the US. Maryland Democrats are quite content with this arrangement. Until the state starts enforcing crime with punishment the current trends and resulting violence will continue.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    That film isn’t a documentary, it’s leftist propaganda. The criminals of Baltimore are not victims.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    They had a Pastor on WBAL today stating that more money has to be thrown at the problem. Kids need education and parental figures and they don't have it.
    Violent video games and movies were part of that talk.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    I'm still here on the edge of it all with Herring Run as my front lawn and mom still living on the North side Of Patterson Park. Just a bunch of crazy ass Germans with a streak a Cherokee to boot.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i really was trying to find something nice to say about baltimore. ill let you know if i come up with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom