• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, there will be state challenges, but on a Federal level bump stock regulation by Congress is dead.

That leaves the ATF. The ATF, in order to backtrack on bump stocks, would have to set aside decades of precedence on semi-auto one-shot-per-trigger-pull established rulings about the dividing line between a semi and a machine gun.

And remember, this would have to occur under the Trump Administration.

In the past, denials for bump accessories were focused on makers who included springs WITHIN the design. The Slide Fire stocks have no reset functions, and neither do the bump brackets, which ride the trigger guard.

We can expect the bump stock prices to settle down. Congrats to JH Smith here for a big score selling his. (He still has one more unless he scored twice).

Truth!

I think you are correct on your prognostication. The Hughes Act would have to be repealed in order to consider the bump stocks as a part that makes your firearm a full automatic rate of fire device. That will never happen.

I did not sell my second stock. I was waiting for the 2nd rush before the Feds (Congress) acted on this matter. Oh well, something is better than nothing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Report from the York Gun Show today: bump stocks spotted with $500 price tags.

Spent about two hours at the York show today. Lots of AR parts plus fair amount of 80% lowers. Considering the size of the show not much mil-surp stuff. Saw four bumpstocks for $500 each.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For real, my buddy dropped his on GB to $325 shipped and no one has bought.

After this panic fully dies I’ll pick up a few more if I can catch them on sale/used.

Yeah, I know. I lost my chance of another big score. But that's okay, I still have a nice toy that I can have a little fun with. I doubt I will ever lose money on it. And if I do, that's okay too. I'll just sell my (insert item here) next time something happens.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I saw a couple at York today; the only one I noticed a price on was $400. I saw one taken out of the box and explained to a potential customer, then put back on the table. Considering it was late on the last day of the show and they were still there, I'd say the excitement is over for now. I always kinda thought these things were just a gimmick anyway. I would not have even known what one looked like if not for all the hysterial and my curiosity...mostly spawned by this thread. The Echo triggers seem just a little less like a toy...I kinda want one just so that one of my selectors can have all three positions...just 'cuz. :shrug:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Might not sell very well, if the model up for sale is that goofy Star Wars version pictured.

A top manufacturer of bump stocks has resumed its sale of the gun accessory just one month after the mass shooting in Las Vegas, the deadliest in U.S. history.

Slide Fire Solutions announced Tuesday in an email promotion that it would resume limited sales of the accessory, according to The Trace. Stephen Paddock, the shooter behind the massacre, equipped his semi-automatic weapons with the devices to mimic the rate of fire of a fully-automatic weapon. His attack on an outdoor country music festival left 58 people dead.

Following the shooting on Oct. 1, the retailer stopped selling the accessories once their stock ran out. While the item is usually widely available and inexpensive, prices skyrocketed as gun owners sought to buy up remaining inventories amid calls by lawmakers for a ban on bump stocks, The Trace reported.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...stock-maker-resumes-sales-1-month-after-vegas

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    You just made it onto another list.

Seeking information about these evil devices is just as bad as owning one.

Congratulations.

OH NO....i hate being on lists. they look very similar to me. ordered a slide fire as soon as it came back. wondering if i should regret spending the extra 40 bucks or double down and order a bump fire as well.

i never wanted one of these until they tried to tell me i couldn't have one. i'm childish that way.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    OH NO....i hate being on lists. they look very similar to me. ordered a slide fire as soon as it came back. wondering if i should regret spending the extra 40 bucks or double down and order a bump fire as well.

i never wanted one of these until they tried to tell me i couldn't have one. i'm childish that way.

Look at it this way, you can sell it/them and make a profit if another panic ensues.

But then folks would go on the Making A Profit During An Emergency list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom