• Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Is this thing even real?

XQQVFQW.jpg

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    This is about the closest real thing to it, the M79 40mm grenade launcher. One of my military science professors carried this in Viet Nam when his shoulder was too injured to raise a gun to the proper level. They had controlled recoil to make such a weapon shootable.
    c609b442349bc76a1fe97a73d3e8a176.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    This is about the closest real thing to it, the M79 40mm grenade launcher. One of my military science professors carried this in Viet Nam when his shoulder was too injured to raise a gun to the proper level. They had controlled recoil to make such a weapon shootable.
    c609b442349bc76a1fe97a73d3e8a176.jpeg

I used one on a USAF EST and Recapture Team in the early 1980's. Much better than the M-203. :thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks all.

I second the: 'would be a cool bbq gun'. :thumbsup:

I used one on a USAF EST and Recapture Team in the early 1980's. Much better than the M-203. :thumbsup:

Something I've always wondered, but never asked...
    Why does the stock look like it was installed upside-down? My guess is because of how it's aimed, like a M203, but that manages with a normal stock.

Just curious.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When I used an M203, I never shouldered the stock.

I had to run an M203 range once, many, many years ago, with another guy. As I recall, the shooters had to shoulder fire the training rounds. Also had to use the sights, no shooting from the hip.

Pretty sure that with a little practice one could shoot from other than the shoulder and do pretty well with it.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Thanks all.

I second the: 'would be a cool bbq gun'. :thumbsup:

Something I've always wondered, but never asked...
    Why does the stock look like it was installed upside-down? My guess is because of how it's aimed, like a M203, but that manages with a normal stock.

Just curious.
    It fits well and can really be shoulder fired. I could put rounds into a window at 50-75 meters even with some wind. 203 was accurate but used more to zap an area. Now the MK-19, boy howdy!!!!! Shooting them will make your sticker peck out!!:lol2:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Mk-19 rocks. I've seen the Coast Guard with them, but it is one of the few weapons I didn't get to fire back in the day. Best experience ever was shooting the M167 VADS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom