• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter88

Aug 21, 2013
    Hello everyone. I moved out here a few months ago (military, didnt have a choice), and I am trying to find a 1000 yard range to shoot my .338 LM. I know Quantico has one, but it is only open once a month and looking at their calendar, it doesnt look as though its going to be open again until the beginning of November (due to berm mining or something along those lines). I know Delmarva Sporting Clays added a 500 yard range, but I feel as though its kind of a waste shooting a .338 at that short of a range. Is there any longer ranges anywhere around here? I would be willing to drive a couple hours if need be. Im located on Kent Island. Thanks for any help.

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Peacemaker should be less than 2 1/2 hour drive. The membership is only $200.00 per year. The 1000 yard range is open on Thursday and has electronic targeting.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Distance wise from Kent Island, Bridgeville would not be that far, going east on RT 50 to RT 404 east. I have seen the 1,000 range but am not sure of its availability. As I recall there are several pistol,ranges that fall between the firing line and the targets. You may be limited there too, but they have a lot to offer overall, including a separate 600 yard range.

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    1000 yds

whatever you do drop me a pm I am in Severna park if your really going to join somewhere and you need someone to shoot with Have 2 338 lapuas and 50 BMG Nightforce ad vortex razor glass need someone to shoot with thanks mark

I think fortmead only lets you shoot out to 600 max

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    whatever you do drop me a pm I am in Severna park if your really going to join somewhere and you need someone to shoot with Have 2 338 lapuas and 50 BMG Nightforce ad vortex razor glass need someone to shoot with thanks mark

I think fortmead only lets you shoot out to 600 max

Correct with the 600 yard limit and I think there is a limit on the ballistics at 300 Win Mag. For instance there was discussion at the range about someone NOT being able to shoot a .50 cal there IIRC.

I've only been able to get in there with the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association (MSRPA) for practice clinics. If there is another way to shoot there besides MSRPA clinics and other sanctioned matches I'd love to hear it.

Apr 15, 2013
    When I did the range safety briefing at Ft Meade earlier this year, .50BMG, .338LM, and .300WM were all specifically disallowed by name. And of course it is only 600yds. It is a fantastic place for .308 and .30-06, on the few weekends a year you can get out and use it.

If I had a .338LM and lived on Kent Island, Bridgeville is where I'd go.

Did not know DSC had a 500yd range now! :party29:

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Hello everyone. I moved out here a few months ago (military, didnt have a choice), and I am trying to find a 1000 yard range to shoot my .338 LM. I know Quantico has one, but it is only open once a month and looking at their calendar, it doesnt look as though its going to be open again until the beginning of November (due to berm mining or something along those lines). I know Delmarva Sporting Clays added a 500 yard range, but I feel as though its kind of a waste shooting a .338 at that short of a range. Is there any longer ranges anywhere around here? I would be willing to drive a couple hours if need be. Im located on Kent Island. Thanks for any help.

Are you active duty military? Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association offers FREE membership to active duty military. If not, single membership is $60 and a family membership is $70 a year. I linked to the membership page, be sure to also check out the Facilities page that lists all they offer.

The have a freshly upgraded 1000 yard range, pistol ranges, shotgun muzzle loader and archery areas, as well. It's a bit over 3 hours from Kent Island, but there are other members who travel in and make a weekend of a range trip. They allow camping in designated areas of the property for $10 a night. No hookups, or disposal facilities, though. If camping isn't your thing, there are multiple hotels in the area, including 2 within 3 miles of the club.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There are clubs that shoot at Ft Meade, but I'm not sure if they have a 1000 yd range. I do know they have a 600 yd range.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom