• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Took the new SS gun to ESPS last weekend. This was my first match since August, and a shake down run for the new gun. I've now got about 7 days to get the kinks worked out for the Delmarva Sectional. Not really looking promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoNv_TIiMwE

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    First match back after a LOOONG off season. Last match I shot was USPSA Iron Sights Nationals in Sept. 2017.
    I was happy to come 3rd since its the first match back plus first match shooting my CZ TSO .40 in Limited.
    I went fast and actually did ok with hits except for the classifier. Dropped 2 mikes and 3 NS on that one stage. Reloads are still rusty, but will get better with dry fire. Was happy with my splits and transitions on pretty much every stage except the classifier.
    Still nice to be back shooting matches!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I allow myself 1 IDPA match a season now and this season its my local club's first major match so I had to support it. It ran very smoothly and was a good first attempt at a major! I had a very rough match and totally bombed 2 stages but managed 4th Over All, and a 2nd place ESP MA trophy.
    My go pro has been acting up and i didnt capture all the stages unfortunately.
    Gun: CZ SP01tac
    Holster: Blade Tech
    Ammo: reloads w/bayou bullets

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Pleased with my performance at this match since I started off with a rough first stage, then later on had a very frustrating forced reshoot as a popper fell down(unshot) during an excellent run (texas star stage) and of course upon reshooting I shot much less good.
    I managed to keep my mental game strong and put those hiccups behind me and finish 2nd Limited behind the GM plus 4th over all in a match of over 80 shooters. In fact the only shooters to beat me were all GMs. (1 Limited and 2 PCC)
    CZ TSO .40
    LOK Grips
    Red Hill Tactical Holster
    www.targetfocus.com

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here are some stages from this weekend's 2018 EGW USPSA Area 8 Championship.
    I only uploaded the ones that didnt have people standing directly in front of my tripod. Didnt think people would appreciate videos of RO's asses...
    I also forgot to turn on the camera for my best stage of the match of course! I no longer ask other competitors to video stages for me. They are there to focus on the match as I am and I dont feel comfortable asking them any more. So I just use a tripod, and it's not always the best footage.
    I shot fine but a little too conservative. That plus 3 gear issues slowed me down too much and I didn't place how I would have liked. But it was an outstanding match! The last link I on the list is my thoughts on the match and how I did.

https://www.facebook.com/targetfocus.trevor/videos/2387841001444077/

https://www.facebook.com/targetfocus.trevor/videos/964035077115487/

https://www.facebook.com/targetfocus.trevor/videos/376851749517906/

https://www.facebook.com/targetfocus.trevor/videos/228195291162233/

Final thoughts: https://www.facebook.com/targetfocu...ZdNGzgTEA_P44fYg4Nf1BUoRxGRr3BVlq0&__tn__=K-R

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I can't watch the video's right now, just wondering how you did stage 10. Did you go for it? (left to right) ....Or take the safe route (popper, popper, out and back then plates)

I saw some vary good shooters do it both ways. I like stages like that, the timing is fun and it's always interesting to see how much risk people are willing to take.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I can't watch the video's right now, just wondering how you did stage 10. Did you go for it? (left to right) ....Or take the safe route (popper, popper, out and back then plates)

I saw some vary good shooters do it both ways. I like stages like that, the timing is fun and it's always interesting to see how much risk people are willing to take.

Played it safe. I saw way to many good shooters get burned going for it!

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Played it safe. I saw way to many good shooters get burned going for it!

I'm pretty sure Charlie Prez went the safe route. I got watch Mason run it in low 4's the more aggressive way. And we watched JJ almost brake into the 3's with a 4.17.

Going for it seemed to mean about a 5 second run, looking at the results I say only a few guys in Limited went for it and pulled it off.

You made the smart move.......

I didn't get to watch anyone shoot it before my run. I was the 1st shooter in my squad on the first day.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Fun match today at Anne Arundel Practical Shooters. My last match of the season really since I'll be out for work for the next couple months.
    Managed 1st Place in Limited as I shot a solid match EXCEPT for a really dumb late make up shot at the end of stage 3. Don't know what I was thinking. Didn't let it ruin my focus for the rest of the match though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom