• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I have a 20'x14' deck that has bad surface boards. I'm looking for someone that goes into Cecil County to give an estimate on the work. We are thinking about just doing full 20' PVC/Composite boards to save on the install (take one off, put one on) using hidden fasteners. The deck is on 16" centers already and the structure is in good shape.

I'm thinking full PVC is better than composite? The job can be quoted labor only or labor materials. I did an estimate on board feet and fasteners needed to tackle it and sourced some materials.

PM me if you know anyone. Thanks!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Send me a PM , im just over the river in Harford, licensed and insured. I've done several decks for mds members and 100s in my career

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Send me a PM , im just over the river in Harford, licensed and insured. I've done several decks for mds members and 100s in my career

Don't call this guy. He does great work, but he'll force you to buy night vision.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My neighbor did PVC, looked awesome but was a bit noisy (creeky?) when walked on. He had a really well respected local builder do the work, I think they straitened it out eventually. I used a Timbertec product, "Evergrain" I think, expensive but looked awesome. Had right around 480 sq. ft of deck and about 20 exposed fastener on the whole job. The T&G composite products are pretty awesome (IMO). I have a small porch in grey now and two other decks I'm going to do to match.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I would not like to throw my hat into the ring, just let you know that going composite/PVC is the way to go. I did what you are looking to do myself on my deck using composite decking with the hidden fasteners, (good structure, needed to properly attach the deck to the house and rebuilt the railing structure). It looks great and is truly 0 maintenance. my one regret is I didn't do my railing in composite cuz I was being cheap and even though it has been painted and cared for, the sun and humidity take its toll on wood and the wear is noticeable 3 years later.

good luck, and when all is said and done enjoy the new surface.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I would use composite for the decking and PVC for any trim. That's how I did my deck in OC. It turned out very nice with ZERO maintenance.

Brown Veranda composite 5/4x6 with 3/8" white PVC fascia trim and white Veranda PVC railings.. The posts have all been finished with white PVC as well, but I don't have any pics of that.

Attachments

• SDC12353.jpg
      SDC12353.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 176
    • SDC12410.jpg
      SDC12410.jpg
      74.8 KB · Views: 170
    • SDC12562.jpg
      SDC12562.jpg
      108.9 KB · Views: 180

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts