• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

A Democratic congressional candidate says a video of him purchasing an assault weapon at a gun show shows how easy it is for anyone to buy a high-powered weapon in the United States.

Dan Helmer, a Democrat running against Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) in Virginia's 10th District, writes on Twitter that he found it "terrifying" how easy it was to purchase an assault rifle in the state.

:rolleyes:

http://www.richmond.com/washingtonp...cle_857c5fe0-9231-5d96-8e6b-f2684324ffd4.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ideo-showing-lack-of-background-checks-at-gun

dplay

Mar 27, 2016
    A.A. co. north
    At 1:29: this rifle is "functionally similar to exactly the same rifle I carried in Iraq and Afghanistan."
    I don't think that means what he thinks it means; but I think it means that his brain is functionally similar to exactly the same brain of a jackass.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Something seems fishy here. He looks like he's at a dealer table. And they ask for his license.

Me thinks this was staged. Like he did a lot of this stuff prior to coming to the gunshow or he has bought guns from this "dealer" before with a background check...

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    This is not a "Gun Show" loophole. This was a private sale, nothing more nothing less. This was a clearly scripted event. Sigh..... Will they never learn. A person could put a notice in a newspaper and do the same thing. This is like a Car nut, selling his car to some one he meet at a car show. There was nothing illegal about it and he even admits it. No the question is can he present independently verifiable stats that such purchases are a major crime issue. Of course not! This nothing more than a campaign PR move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom