OC parking pay system. License plate readers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If cameras keep the thugs off OC, I'm all for it.

Who says all those speed cameras out there are not already alerting the Police about vehicles Owned by individuals with a Warrant.
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    These locations include along Coastal Highway, Route 50 and Route 90. OCPD says they first started the project around six years ago. They finished adding the last license plate reader just yesterday, Lindsay Richard, OCPD Public Information Officer said.

But OCPD says the information taken from the license plates will only be used for weeding out criminals

"none of that information is stored here, at least not for very long and there are very strict restrictions for us to be able to use the license plates," Richard said.

Ocean City says for now, they're happy with the new additions, but may be looking to add more mobile license plate readers in the future.

http://www.wboc.com/story/39734455/license-plate-readers-come-to-ocean-city

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I am surprised no one has started a lawsuit over this already. I guess im going to stay out of overcrowded,over priced and way to many over left wing liberals as well. Yep Rehoboth is looking better and better all the time...

Reho isn't much better. They are raising the parking rates and extending the meter/permit season. It has all the locals/biz owners pissed off.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If cameras keep the thugs off OC, I'm all for it.

Who says all those speed cameras out there are not already alerting the Police about vehicles Owned by individuals with a Warrant.
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

The LPR's on police cars alert them to violations like expired or suspended tags. Not sure about outstanding warrants but it's feasible.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Commercial operations already troll parking lots with tag readers for cars to repo.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    The LPR's on police cars alert them to violations like expired or suspended tags. Not sure about outstanding warrants but it's feasible.

My brother retired from a county police agency about 5 years ago. He said he drove a car infrequently that had the tag readers on it. He had to change the settings so it would only alert him when the registered owner had an arrest warrant. The amount of cars on the road with bs mva flags for unpaid parking tickets and other minor stuff was unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom