• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Anyone shooting the Steel Match tomorrow?

JSC

Jun 30, 2014
    Steel Match at AAFG tomorrow ... I haven't heard about it. Tell me more. Looking for someplace to shoot this weekend

Jack

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was considering Saturday but it's supposed to be a bit chilly. I think I'll be a wimp and pass.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Steel Match at AAFG tomorrow ... I haven't heard about it. Tell me more. Looking for someplace to shoot this weekend

Jack

I signed up for an IDPA at AAFG earlier in the week thru practiscore. Event organizer saw forecast and decided because of weather to change it to a steel match, six stages. I think they plan to repeat on Saturday. Arrival time is 9am, help set up, must be done by 1 if memory serves. Email early this am said "Still a few openings for both days if your plans change."

This will be my first steel match and second pistol match. I've sent a question to Jack the Match Director, I think, about how many strings each stage will contain.

From what I've seen on the youtube, 5 magazines would be needed/ helpful for steel match. I only have 4 full-size mags so about to put my compact grip on the full-size slide, then I will have 6 mags that will fit in my p320.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom