• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    Yea i got a couple sigs, and love them ,

I just picked up this X5, for this competition next week, it is soooo nice, i just wish it was all metal!

For what it’s worth I’ve been shooting glocks since i was 10.......sig triggers are better

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Someone suggested ordering a glock17 gen3 trigger since it is smooth face and rigged, so i just ordered that from midwayusa.com

Compact or subcompact Glock, I'm assuming? That serrated trigger on those models have given a lot of people issues. The solution, as you have noted, is to replace with a smooth faced trigger.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    When I first started shooting one, I wasn't holding it right and there was excessive muzzle flip.. turns out my finger was getting mashed by the lower trigger guard.

Adjusting my grip fixed that. You can also try a Henway.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    Yes it is; we're still feeling you out.
    Have you tried the Hundk modification? It is pretty simple... You take your Glock to a gun shop and trade it in for an H&K. Problem solved.:D

ETA: Your Glock could be in the classifieds by midnight; you got this!!!

I always wanted that vp9 lol

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    When I first started shooting one, I wasn't holding it right and there was excessive muzzle flip.. turns out my finger was getting mashed by the lower trigger guard.

Adjusting my grip fixed that. You can also try a Henway.

Well i dont think this is a grip issue,

Its just that safety dongle doesnt sit flush when fully depressed.

I ordered a new trigger housing, im gonna try to dremal the safety dongle on it before i put it in

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    snt sit flush when fully depressed.

I ordered a new trigger housing, im gonna try to dremal the safety dongle on it before i put it in

Suggest you try the smooth face trigger "as is" before taking a Dremel to it. And if it still annoys you, get an aftermarket trigger like Zev, or Agency or <insert lots of other companies> that have the trigger show you like. As you know, messing with a safety mechanism is generally a bad idea.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a 27 and a 33. I experience trigger irritation with both. And the minis from the bottom of the trigger guard irritate the upper joint above the knuckle. ( i picked up a sig 365 to heft it recently and could immediatly feel the irritation without shooting it). I think those issues come as “ glock territory”. Plenty of benefits to offset this and neither guns are target guns. Why do i have both.. the 27 is over 20 yrs old and i thought it was time to treat myself. I have a 42 and a 43 and don’t recall the same problems. Small guns with lots of pistol energy are a challenge. Worth getting accustomed to, but if you can’t or don’t want to, maybe look for something more comfortable.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Before taking a Dremel to the trigger, you may want to try using sandpaper and doing it by hand. You will have more control over the result.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    People being asses in this thread aside, do you have the serrated trigger or smooth trigger?

Check this out https://youtu.be/OXWqKNXm4WE

I wouldn't say it "hurt" but if I shoot more than 200 rounds at a time, I can feel the difference between serrated and smooth trigger. I bet it's that and not the trigger safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom