Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 10th, 2018, 12:44 PM #31
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
I've been fighting the urge to go HQL; so far I've been successful. C&R FFL helps a lot. I'll give it a couple years for SCOTUS to bring MD into the US. God knows I have enough guns already, though so far He hasn't insisted.
Same here. HQL is just another BS Civil Rights roadblock to add to the ones the MGA continues to dream up. I swear they have "Infringement Envy" or something.

Clint Eastwood: ďI tried being reasonable, I didnít like itĒ
Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:52 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
Keep up the good work. I still get a little bit surprised every time I think of the hypocrisy that is claiming that the small fee of buying an ID to access your right to vote is racist but the larger fees and time investments to access your second amendment rights is important for the public good. I get it but it still hurts my brain a bit each time.

Amen brother
Desert84eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 04:30 AM #33

Quote:
Keep up the good work. I still get a little bit surprised every time I think of the hypocrisy that is claiming that the small fee of buying an ID to access your right to vote is racist but the larger fees and time investments to access your second amendment rights is important for the public good. I get it but it still hurts my brain a bit each time.

Iím all for ďusingĒ racism if it helps advance civil liberties, but itís such a radioactive topic, I wouldnít trust myself to make the argument in a (more) public forum. Too bad we donít have more diverse support for 2A, but I understand how many people face enough grief, that they donít want to bring even more on themselves.
I do pity those that are at the mercy of the inner city thugs, and canít protect themselves.
Seems like some rapper could find it in themselves to encourage their people to stand up for their rights - but, then, thugs.
Itís late. Just me dreaming.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:33 AM #34
Just another shooter

Just another shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2D View Post
Iím all for ďusingĒ racism if it helps advance civil liberties, but itís such a radioactive topic, I wouldnít trust myself to make the argument in a (more) public forum. Too bad we donít have more diverse support for 2A, but I understand how many people face enough grief, that they donít want to bring even more on themselves.
I do pity those that are at the mercy of the inner city thugs, and canít protect themselves.
Seems like some rapper could find it in themselves to encourage their people to stand up for their rights - but, then, thugs.

The rapper and actor Ice-T is a vocal 2A proponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member
NRA Pistol and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
ATF Curio and Relic Licensed
MD HQL and Wear & Carry Instructor
Perpetual Prepper
Committed Libertarian
knastera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:45 AM #35
Looking to Learn

Looking to Learn

Its Lemonade Fool! Its delicious!
So that my children may know peace
mdoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:37 AM #36

Quote:

I would not be the best choice to make that case publicly, I just don't like hypocrisy. And it is certainly not my place to force someone to arm themselves for self defense if they don't want too. But hopefully folks like MSI can win some victories in court to help those that do want to responsibly arm themselves to protect their families. I have sarcastically said before that Samuel Colt is the greatest civil rights activist because he made all folks equal. But there is a grain of truth there. I have heard anti-gunners say before that the NRA is racist because they supported racist gun control policy. Which is weird cutting off their nose to spite their face in order to make the NRA look bad. My immediate response would be that racist laws have no place in our society so lets get rid of them. I imagine them twisting to then support something they just claimed was racist but in reality they would shout at me while a masked punk with a bike lock tries to sneak up.
1841DNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:47 AM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoffroad View Post
Its Lemonade Fool! Its delicious!

Da dummmmmm.

Old October 11th, 2018, 11:21 AM #38

Quote:
I would not be the best choice to make that case publicly, I just don't like hypocrisy...

The irony is that lately minorities are being told what to believe by rich, white, liberal women.

Old October 11th, 2018, 04:14 PM #39

Quote:
The irony is that lately minorities are being told what to believe by rich, white, liberal women.

When the Redskins name controversy was in full swing, I looked into it a bit and saw that the polls showed that the large majority of Native Americans did not care. I saw a huge swarm of rich white folks screaming about how terrible the name was. Real condescending to tell people what should offend them. I think the folks who answered those polls are fully capable of thinking for themselves.
1841DNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:02 PM #40

Quote:
I think that racism is a subset of class-ism. Basically the evil haves needed to distract the have-nots (having money in itself is not evil) from how badly they may have been getting screwed, so they used any minor difference to cause division (race, creed, religion, hobby). The poor people of Baltimore are not only minorities, but the minorities are on a lower socioeconomic scale and are more greatly affected. As long as there is an abundance of misinformation and in-fighting the evil people creating policy and fleecing the people can go mostly unopposed. There are far more of us regular folks than them, but if they are allowed to cause division among us they can compartmentalize us to death.

Yes, when the average American doesn't have $500 in savings and living paycheck to paycheck or is one major illness away from being homeless, imposing an application fee, a fee for live-scan fingerprints, and another for "certified" training classes in inconvenient and not easily accessible places is done on purpose. I would still be against the mandates if they were free (we all know that MD asks for a fee from everything we do regardless of the large amount of taxes we pay for).

There are hundreds everyday dying of opioid addiction everyday in this country with no minorities in sight, but people still want to blame uninvolved parties instead of going after the root causes of the problems. These evil people want to make money off of causing our sickness and death, and don't want us to be able to defend ourselves from their scourge. People need to stop falling for the divide and conquer tactics.

We have the best thing going with our constitutional republic, but if we don't punish evil and corruption it's just words on paper.

Last edited by Peacefuloutrage; October 12th, 2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: clarity and punctuation
Peacefuloutrage is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues