• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Saw quite a few deer tonight. A real nice 8 point was in full chase mode after a doe, something you would have expected in November. Unfortunately I had no shot at him. Besides that saw a spike and 4 doe on the move, but again no shot. Bright side was that they were moving and I know where to set up next time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Saw quite a few deer tonight. A real nice 8 point was in full chase mode after a doe, something you would have expected in November. Unfortunately I had no shot at him. Besides that saw a spike and 4 doe on the move, but again no shot. Bright side was that they were moving and I know where to set up next time.

Glad to see that you have some movement now. Could be the cold weather. Gonna be pretty cold again tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be your day!

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    After carrying my 700 smokeless for 2 seasons I decided to do a light weight smokeless. Finished it up Friday. Took 5 shots to zero it and this was the 6th shot result. Dorchester 3 pm today deep in the woods. Plenty of acorns left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      192.2 KB · Views: 173

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    After carrying my 700 smokeless for 2 seasons I decided to do a light weight smokeless. Finished it up Friday. Took 5 shots to zero it and this was the 6th shot result. Dorchester 3 pm today deep in the woods. Plenty of acorns left.

nice shot

I like that stock pouch, where did you get it?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

Congrats! I sat out there this afternoon and saw nothing but squirrels, birds and 1 fox. Then just before it was time to climb down I looked behind me and saw 3 deer at the top of the back bean field. It looked to me like they were sparring, pushing each other back and forth for a while before they just walked around the back edge. One of them had a nice tall rack. I've got a 1/2 dozen hang on stands and some climbing stick I just don't know if there's a good tree I can hang one on to get a safe shot.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Pulled my cards and found a pic of the 8 I saw chasing a doe yesterday. Hadn't seen this guy before.
    4b8bce2f982f701e3241d264165cca6a.jpg
    32f087b49851cca3d79afcb9a4b80c16.jpg

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Congrats! I sat out there this afternoon and saw nothing but squirrels, birds and 1 fox. Then just before it was time to climb down I looked behind me and saw 3 deer at the top of the back bean field. It looked to me like they were sparring, pushing each other back and forth for a while before they just walked around the back edge. One of them had a nice tall rack. I've got a 1/2 dozen hang on stands and some climbing stick I just don't know if there's a good tree I can hang one on to get a safe shot.

Last week I saw two bucks at work sparring and pushing back and forth. Surprised to see it this late in the year.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hope you're feeling better soon. Eat light, keep hydrated and keep some TP near lol.
    Back at it today. Blew a shot at "The Moose". He won't be back anytime soon.

*Pouty face*

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Hit the only thing between us. A 7" tree.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is Murphy's Law for you. I've played golf once in my life and I was inside two rows of trees. There was all of one dead limb hanging down. Asked my buddy about driving the ball through the two rows of trees and he advised me not to. Come on, it is only a single limb, what are the chances of me hitting it..... CLUNK. If somebody asked me to do it again, I probably would never be able to.

Incidentally, I explained Murphy's Law to my son during dove season. It was after legal shooting time and 5 birds came in. My son pointed them out, and I told him "that's Murphy's Law". Of course, he wanted to know what that meant, and now he will not stop using it.

Sorry to hear about the miss, but if that is the worst thing that happens to you, it is a damn good day.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Okay with this extreme cold front coming in, do you guys think I should hunt a stand near the food or try to cover a path that they frequently travel? Seems like mornings I haven't seen as many deer but instead it's early afternoon then they head towards their bedding area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom