• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Once again we're told the majority of Americans want more gun control. What the majority want is less violence. Many have been deluded to believe that the one will result in the other.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    The politics of the issue make anything he does a lose/lose for him. He's practical and will almost certainly come down on the side of planting a poison pill in any proposal. The ideal one would be valid voter ID.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    With Trump you never know. It be something, or nothing. Either way no guns are being taken...just sayin’.

Article implies stricter background checks.

I’m guessing the great gun show loophole will finally be closed. The law will spell out in painful detail how all dealers MUST run background checks at gun shows. This act will make our streets safer by ensuring that dangerous criminals and MS-13 gang bangers can no longer walk into gun shows and purchase fully automatic weapons.

Sleep tight liberals....you are finally getting something you have demanded for a long time.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Sleep tight liberals....you are finally getting something you have demanded for a long time.

Maybe not.

Trump could have HHS fill in the blanks on people with mental health issues.

Liberals hair would be set on fire, if he touched that data.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Does a background check have to list a firearm and serial number (for the national registry, I love hearing people say there is not one) or can he cut that part out?

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Republicans are already walking the knife-edge of support from their base given their piss-poor/weak performance in office. If he proposes or supports more gun control legislation, he will not gain any support from Democrats and will very likely cause many Republicans to sit out the next election. Bottom line - loss of the Senate and loss of the White House.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Once again we're told the majority of Americans want more gun control. What the majority want is less violence. Many have been deluded to believe that the one will result in the other.

The content of the poll questions, I'm certain, would be explosively revealing.

There is an amazing lack of detail as to how these polls were/are conducted, and whether they were push-polls (which I'm certain is happening).

Oh, yeah... Hillary 2016, and "Dewey Wins"...

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Can’t remember the name of the channel, but I watched a YouTube video earlier this week that made a lot of sense. Since demanding gun control causes a record number of gun sales how many people demanding it own stock that would profit from this nonsense?

Mr H

Banana'd
    With Trump you never know. It be something, or nothing. Either way no guns are being taken...just sayin’.

The bits I've been hearing seem to indicate there will be a little movement, but there really isn't anything to point to.

Pelosi's screed that the House UBC bill MUST be passed in the Senate and signed into law is starting to sound like there is something hideous tucked inside.

Be afraid... Be very afraid.

But, the good news again may be that T45's folk are ahead of the stupid.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    The bits I've been hearing seem to indicate there will be a little movement, but there really isn't anything to point to.

Pelosi's screed that the House UBC bill MUST be passed in the Senate and signed into law is starting to sound like there is something hideous tucked inside.

Be afraid... Be very afraid.

But, the good news again may be that T45's folk are ahead of the stupid.

Be very afraid indeed. I'll wait to see what's announced.

Hard to equate winning with being grateful for getting sodomized a tad less than you otherwise might have.

Postell

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2018
    "I'm talking about meaningful, write that word, meaningful, meaningful background checks," Mr. Trump said August 9.

But Mr. Trump never defined what meaningful means and quickly backed off after talking to the National Rifle Association

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I’m guessing the great gun show loophole will finally be closed. The law will spell out in painful detail how all dealers MUST run background checks at gun shows. This act will make our streets safer by ensuring that dangerous criminals and MS-13 gang bangers can no longer walk into gun shows and purchase fully automatic weapons.

Or maybe dangle the prospect of losing Block Grant money in front of State entities that don't routinely report to NICS? I'm looking at you, Maryland courts. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom