Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old September 17th, 2019, 09:23 AM #121

[QUOTE=lazarus;5655347]

I am hoping I can find something a pound or so lighter, preferably better balanced, but the lighter weight gives me more flexibility to add a bit of weight in the stock. Preferably more like 350-380fps. Also hoping to not break the bank. $300-600 would probably be my price range.

TenPoint has new models this year... last years are available at reduced prices. I just picked up a Turbo GT with acudraw pro for 625 shipped. (may even get 10% off on ebay right now)
D_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 08:00 PM #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry14 View Post
This pictures been out there a while, like two years. Theres been stories it's from the eastern shore, but it's also shown up on every western hunting group I'm in on facebook too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thatís because that is every hunterís big white whale. I mean deer.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 08:01 PM #123

[QUOTE=D_S;5660023]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

I am hoping I can find something a pound or so lighter, preferably better balanced, but the lighter weight gives me more flexibility to add a bit of weight in the stock. Preferably more like 350-380fps. Also hoping to not break the bank. $300-600 would probably be my price range.

TenPoint has new models this year... last years are available at reduced prices. I just picked up a Turbo GT with acudraw pro for 625 shipped. (may even get 10% off on ebay right now)
Thanks!
Old September 17th, 2019, 08:02 PM #124

So my usual group of does and a fawn were ravenously eating the corn I scattered. What was different is this time there was a spike standing about 30yds from them looking real longingly at them not doing much grazing.

Getting to be that time when the doe herds break up and the bucks start chasing tail?
Old September 17th, 2019, 09:21 PM #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
So my usual group of does and a fawn were ravenously eating the corn I scattered. What was different is this time there was a spike standing about 30yds from them looking real longingly at them not doing much grazing.

Getting to be that time when the doe herds break up and the bucks start chasing tail?
Doubtful, probably another month (mid-October) before the bachelor groups break up and the boys each start expanding to their own territory. Usually last week of October until about mid-November before they start chasing tail in earnest. Cooler weather can kick start it, and weíre looking at some cooler weather now and thereís dead leaves and dropped acorns all over my yard already. Earlier than Iíve seen in a long while, so Iím hopeful the increased activity starts a little earlier this year.
AlBeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2019, 07:59 AM #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBeight View Post
Doubtful, probably another month (mid-October) before the bachelor groups break up and the boys each start expanding to their own territory. Usually last week of October until about mid-November before they start chasing tail in earnest. Cooler weather can kick start it, and weíre looking at some cooler weather now and thereís dead leaves and dropped acorns all over my yard already. Earlier than Iíve seen in a long while, so Iím hopeful the increased activity starts a little earlier this year.
Thanks. Yeah I keep seeing does all the time, only rare bucks. Usually a spike thatís attached itself to a herd of does. Every once in awhile (about every 2 weeks) I see a herd of bucks. Hopefully once they spread out Iíll see some of the nicer ones more often.
Old Today, 03:28 AM #127

I don't see how you guys can hunt in 90 degree weather. All the bugs around and don't mention the snakes. Around here finding the deer after the shot would be hard because of the 8 foot tall poison ivy.
Striper69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Outdoor Sports