• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    $1,500,000 per month in law firm billing? Seems a tad high. 50 grand a day, working 30 days a month. Assuming that they have flunkies working around the clock, 24/7, they're billing close to $2100/hr.

But Wayne says it's OK. Anyway, it's not his money.

Support the NRA regardless!

Or maybe not.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    No more money from me (im at Patron level) until Wayne is gone. He will just waste it anyway, i’d rather waste my own money. Once the corruption is gone, the money will flow again. Time to flush that toilet.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    oh, lord...

NYT: Trump met with NRA chief for financial support

https://www.axios.com/nyt-trump-met...ort-1b8f4195-513f-4156-ab0d-ff3228090d44.html
    1569621587960.jpg

President Trump met with Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, on Friday to discuss how the gun advocacy group "could provide financial support for the president’s defense as he faces political headwinds, including impeachment,"

in return for the support, Mr. LaPierre asked that the White House 'stop the games' over gun control legislation, people familiar with the meeting said," according to the NYT.

lord, I think its the NRA that needs money from Trump, not the other way around.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Three full pages from Wayne LaPierre entitled "The Future of the NRA" appear in this month's issue of American Rifleman.

I don't see a web link to the article available at present, but the text is basically an itemized chronology of NRA (and Wayne's) contributions and accomplishments over the past 40 years.

SigZag

Aug 4, 2019
    Rockville
    Three full pages from Wayne LaPierre entitled "The Future of the NRA" appear in this month's issue of American Rifleman.

I don't see a web link to the article available at present, but the text is basically an itemized chronology of NRA (and Wayne's) contributions and accomplishments over the past 40 years.
    Same article running in Americas 1st Freedom November issue, heat being felt?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Same article running in Americas 1st Freedom November issue, heat being felt?

After the purge, the survivors hunkering down.

The stakes are too high for WLP to even consider leaving all that nice money behind "for the good of the organisation." NRA will still be funding his wardrobe until it finally goes broke.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just got an email from the new guy at NRA-ILA. He wants money. So does everyone.

Sadly, it's not coming from me at this time.

If you want any more of my money, clean house. WLP is causing big problems for the NRA. Tom King needs to leave as well. “These '80 percent' guns are providing a way for prohibited people to buy a firearm.” We need this guy? Really? Americans have been making their own guns since before there was an America.

If you need so much goddamn money, why are you always giving away so much free stuff? NRA members are NOT part of the Free Shit Army, and resent their contributions going to Wayne's wardrobe, and a long list of free guns, knives, trinkets and backpacks.

By the way, whatever happened to Chris Cox?

You folks need to clean house. Near everyone I know is done with the NRA, as it currently operates.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    For those who want to deprive the NRA of oxygen, remember that the NRA's existence is a major psychological problem for the lefties. Just out from Rasmussen, a poll that shows that more than a quarter of Democrats think that it should be illegal to join the NRA. Let that sink in. They think you should be considered a criminal for being a member of an advocacy group focused on the Bill of Rights. This isn't a few virtue-signaling clowns on the San Francisco city council. This represents a huge swath of the people who will - in their millions - be choosing the person who will be running against Trump in 2020, and who back the current majority in congress. Don't do these people's bidding and kill the thing they hate so much.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...rats_say_it_should_be_illegal_to_join_the_nra

Agreed, and since groups like GOA have the same issues or worse, I don't know why people seem to be celebrating the gun control lobby spending $40 on defunding and attacking NRA successfully.

Even the legal spending is a strange complaint, most lobbying is done by legal firms and PR firms. The best membership associations outsource much to most of that.

The GOA's own 990 tax filings indicate it is vastly exaggerating its membership numbers, by about 15x. Decision makers know that and don't take it seriously

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Ted Carter (NRA BOD) came to talk to our club in FL when we were debating sending a letter asking to fire WLP. Ted told us that the expensive suits issue was at the behest of the marketing company dictating what WLP wears. Typical Madison Ave BS, but if it brings in millions, it’s worth it. The expensive house was a secure facility, when WLP’s old house was indefensible against the media and protesters.
    Lastly he said allowing the anties to divide the NRA would signal defeat and play into their hands.

We ultimately decided not to send the letter.

IMHO, now is not the time to jettison WLP, but after the election, he should go. I don’t believe the organization is or should be dependent on one single personality, no matter how well politically connected. The strength is in 5 million voting members. The leader could wear blue jeans for all I care - although a decent suit would be the appropriate urban camouflage in DC.

$0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    Ted told us that the expensive suits issue was at the behest of the marketing company dictating what WLP wears. . .The expensive house was a secure facility, when WLP’s old house was indefensible against the media and protesters. Lastly he said allowing the anties to divide the NRA would signal defeat and play into their hands.

Sounds like Ol' Ted could justify almost any expense, doesn't it? Bless his heart.

Now, for the other side, nobody cares what you're wearing if you produce results. Really. Nobody. Ol' Ted should know that. And the house? If we're thinking about the same house, wasn't it meant as a retirement gift to WLP? Wonder how Ol' Ted might reason that a crowd would be eager to threaten a retired man who no longer is in any position to effect change? And if they did, would that not be a police problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom