US House Redistricting 2012: plan to lump Rockville/Gaithersburg in with western MD

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    I think it's time for Western Maryland to start the dialog about separating itself from the rest of Marylandistan. We have a Virginia and a West Virginia, why not a Maryland and a West Maryland?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I think it's time for Western Maryland to start the dialog about separating itself from the rest of Marylandistan. We have a Virginia and a West Virginia, why not a Maryland and a West Maryland?

I like the idea of expelling Montgomery and PG counties instead. Why should those of us in Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore be left to the tender mercies of the I-95 Axis?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I like the idea of expelling Montgomery and PG counties instead. Why should those of us in Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore be left to the tender mercies of the I-95 Axis?

Expel us to where???

Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    One sure fire way to fix my problems with Marylands Democratic idiot base is for me to move. This state sucks more and more every year nad there is no ceiling to the heights of suck it can go.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Expand D.C. Its about the same anyway.

Ummm, not really, at least in PG I can keep a weapon in my home without having to worry too much about the county government wanting to know what I have.

if that happens I will have to report that tragic boat accident I had a couple years ago where I lost everything.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Western Maryland residents need to form a new state, regardless of what name they choose. Annapolis has always seemed to feel that anything west of Frederick, maybe Hagerstown does not exist or matter. Garrett and Allegany counties should either form our own state or merge with Pennsylvania or West Virginia. If Washington or maybe Frederick counties want to join us, that would be okay.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Western Maryland residents need to form a new state, regardless of what name they choose. Annapolis has always seemed to feel that anything west of Frederick, maybe Hagerstown does not exist or matter. Garrett and Allegany counties should either form our own state or merge with Pennsylvania or West Virginia. If Washington or maybe Frederick counties want to join us, that would be okay.

The Eastern Shore gets the same shaft from Annapolis ... other than the cash cow hotel room tax provided by OC, the Eastern Shore is the red-headed stepchild of Annapolis. I guess being ignored is worse than being called a "sh!thouse" ...

Rural southern MD probably feels the same way

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I was talking to one of the state delegates the other day and she told me that Western Maryland has much in common with the Ag Reserve in Montgomery County and that redistricting will be beneficial to the folks in the west. Who are they trying to kid? All it does it get Roscoe out and the democrats another seat in congress. When one party has complete and total control, the rights of the people become secondary to the party - Welcome to Maryland!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Mark75h, I did not mean to exclude your part of the state. Unless you are a Beltway liberal, you do not matter to the powers that be in this state. They have the power. Maybe we could scissor out that part of the state ( peoples republic ) and give that area to D.C. They will fit in better there than they do with the more conservative areas of the state.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    Don't think MoCo is going to give up Gaithersburg or Rockville, there's too many bio-medical research companies here and more are coming.
    With all the layoff's in the Pharmaceutical industry, MoCo is one of the few places where the industry is actually growing. That's a tax cash cow for the county and I can't see them wanting to give that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom