• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoons

May 15, 2019
    If you could only choose one, which one would you pick?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, you mean the full size VP9? Or the SK. Which is the compact version most resembles the P10c?

I made the VP9 my go to everything gun. Range, home defense, my roaming about the property pistol, carry gun when I don't feel like my G43X.

I have about 2k rounds through mine without a hiccup. Next to my HK45c, it's the most accurate pistol.

If I had the choice of getting a CZ for free or paying for the HK, I'd buy the HK.
    It's my end of the world pistol.

HK makes probably the best pistol in the world.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Thats a tough choice. To me the p10c just barely edges out the hk. The vp9 has a little more muzzle flip, can hydro lock when submerged in water and parts and magazines are expensive. When it comes to HK legendary reliability, even HK says their hammer fired guns are the best.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Well, you mean the full size VP9? Or the SK. Which is the compact version most resembles the P10c?
    Regular VP9 with the 4.1" barrel and 15+1 standard capacity is directly comparable in size to CZ P10c. P10s and VP9SK are directly comparable in size as well.

OP: having shot both a good bit and owning a Gen1 P10c, I think the VP9 starts off a bit smoother with the P10c being significantly stiffer. P10c is a more robust design, but required a firm hand to operate the mag release and slide stop/release for the first 1000 rounds or so. Both sit well in the hand and have good triggers out of the box. VP9 feels cozy and P10c feels like it is glued there. Mag release on the VP9 I tried was essentially on the trigger guard, which was easy to use but something that took a little getting used to and felt like it might catch on something (perception probably moreso than reality). Newer U.S. made P10c is slightly less ambi with the left and right side mag release deleted in favor of swappable. As a southpaw with Glock Stockholm syndrome I like that better and care more about the right side slide catch/release being good. I think the U.S. made gen2 is a more refined firearm and most will like it better than gen1 Czech made. P10c has ever so slightly longer magell and can accommodate flush fit (ish) 17 round mags.

I think both are great guns but only the P10c spoke to me. That is likely my bias for Czech guns coming out. VP9 will likely feel better in the hand at the gun store to most people.
    H&K doesn't do much for me most of the time, except for the MP7. Fun to shoot, annoying to clean. Mags and parts for VP9 cost more.

Overall I think they either would serve OP well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    After all, HK did make the first polymer and striker fired pistol. :)
    52233478a15dbcd57d43bc233ea9a490.jpg

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I’m m in the market for another pistol and one of the challenges I’ve had in the past with HKs is spare part, magazine availability/price.

Am I looking in the wrong places? (HK direct and TopGun Supply)

One of the pervasive arguments for glock has been aftermarket support and parts availability. I waited over 3 months for some Sig parts when refurbishing the 229/226 LEO trade ins so I’m not interested in buying into a pistol which will be challenging to maintain and service with parts... these were project pistols not HD or carry options so I could ‘afford’ the delay.

I love my P30 and 45ct and wouldn’t mind another HK. Also like my PPQ, sigs and 1911s but don’t have a sense for mag/part availability for walther, polymer sigs. 1911s shouldn’t be an issue, but maybe the 2011 support will be a little thin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thats a tough choice. To me the p10c just barely edges out the hk. The vp9 has a little more muzzle flip, can hydro lock when submerged in water and parts and magazines are expensive. When it comes to HK legendary reliability, even HK says their hammer fired guns are the best.

So, how did you measure that "muzzle flip"?

And explain "hydrolock" in a pistol that is not an engine. how did you test this?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I can't speak for the P10 series by my VP9 is the pistol I shoot the best out of anything I own (glocks, sigs, beretta's mainly). As far as I know every HK leaves the factory sighted in, which is a plus in my eyes.

I have around 5K rounds through mine. I experienced a few stovepipes in the first 300 rds using 115gr range ammo. Switched to 124gr for a few thousand rounds and now it eats everything including steel.

I can routinely hit an 8 inch steel gong at 80 yards on my friends property. The trigger has a nice two stage feel, allowing for accurate slow fire, but is smooth enough for rapid fire as well.

All that being said you really cannot go wrong with either.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I had to choose between a glock19 gen5 or a vp9 for a first general handgun purchase. I went with the vp9 because it felt more ergonomic and more ambidextrous (i actually like the paddle mag release) with all the pro's of what people have said so far. As far as cons go, mags are pricey and came across a bunch of "hypothetical" mud test vids showing the vp9 not being as reliable as other handguns in the field when tossed in mud and sand...

Realistically, i won't be tossing my guns in mud and sand or be in a situation of trench warfare anytime soon, so I'm perfectly happy with it. I was thinking about getting nightsights to replace the photo-luminescent ones, but I figured a short flash with my phone line makes them glow as bright as day.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I’m m in the market for another pistol and one of the challenges I’ve had in the past with HKs is spare part, magazine availability/price.

Am I looking in the wrong places? (HK direct and TopGun Supply)

One of the pervasive arguments for glock has been aftermarket support and parts availability. I waited over 3 months for some Sig parts when refurbishing the 229/226 LEO trade ins so I’m not interested in buying into a pistol which will be challenging to maintain and service with parts... these were project pistols not HD or carry options so I could ‘afford’ the delay.

I love my P30 and 45ct and wouldn’t mind another HK. Also like my PPQ, sigs and 1911s but don’t have a sense for mag/part availability for walther, polymer sigs. 1911s shouldn’t be an issue, but maybe the 2011 support will be a little thin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a good place to start

https://www.hkpro.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom