• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...gun-control-advocacy-20130204,0,1296949.story

According to an article yesterday in the Sun, the MD House has a 15-member gun ban working group in progress. The group met 2 hours last Thursday with the Johns Hopkins gun policy crowd. Next up are meetings with gun control groups and "gun manufacturers."

The article quotes Mike Miller as saying that he will let the House take the lead on the O'Malley gun ban proposal.

Plan now for another trip to Annapolis to oppose the House bill.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    71% is very shocking: In Maryland, a recent poll showed 71 percent of voters favor limiting magazine capacity to 10 bullets, and 62 percent support an assault weapons ban.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    71% is very shocking: In Maryland, a recent poll showed 71 percent of voters favor limiting magazine capacity to 10 bullets, and 62 percent support an assault weapons ban.
    The poll was given to a bunch of stupid people. I recently did a survey and 100% of the voters are FOR eliminating the addition of more gun bills. Another survey found 100% voting FOR a one term limit on any political office.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Can it be any clearer to Marylanders? Mayor Bloomburg has threatened to stop donating money to Johns Hopkins, if the state of MD doesn't get gun control introduced. He's already up to $1B, having just recently donated $250M.

If true very transparent.
    Lots of academic fraud to be uncovered...

Also consider that some activities that they may engage in may require PAC Status.. This could get sticky if someone decides to challenge how the money esp federal money is spent.

Dont worry for now....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I was unable to get to it by typing the url or my favorites but it came up when I googled it. I'm typing on a kindle on the guest wireless.

Believe me if they block content they face a court challenge.
    They take federal money and they have created a public forum.

Does not mean they will not roll the dice. but 1a issues tend to be very embarrassing for universities that claim to be a market place of ideas.I think saf has a censorship case related to blocking of sites at a public library.. the case is stronger because its government, but the issue is still there...

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus

"a recent poll". riiiiiight. It probably went something like this:

Pollster: Hello. Are you a gun owner or supporter of gun rights?

Citizen: Yes.

Pollster: Thank you for your time. *click*

-

Pollster: Hello. Are you a gun owner or supporter of gun rights?

Citizen: No!

Pollster: Do you support a common sense ban on high capacity ammunition CLIPS to stop the slaughter of innocent people?

Citizen: Of course!

Pollster: Do you support a common sense ban on civilians owning military assault weapons designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as possible as quickly as possible?

Citizen: Absolutely!

Pollster: Thank you very much. Your opinion matters greatly.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I took a look at their site, to see if there was anyone I cold contact regarding the possible breach of ethics involved in taking huge donations from an individual while using academic staff to forward his political agenda.

Seems to me that is a questionable practice, and one that a reputable institution would wish to avoid. Even the appearance of such a bias would be indicative of serious academic and ethical lapses.

Of course, no such department seems to exist at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. "Ethics? What are they?"

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    Isn't JHU a tax-free institution? I am sure universities are in a unique group, but most universities receive federal and state funding and should be bound by *some* nonprofit regulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom