• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    So on a separate thread I started a week ago I was thinking about getting a Remage barrel for one of my Remage builds in 260 Rem on. Rem 700 as I have this cartridge in two AR’s I have and I already load for them. The idea was put it in a long action and load them long. Designed to shoot long heavy for caliber bullets. I ultimately choose to buy the Black Hole Weaponry barrel and I asked what reamers they had in 260 Rem. Any hoot SAMMI Spec chamber .118. FB. with a . 0829 lead. I did some calculations and for 147 ELD M, 153.3 Berger hybrids, 150 SMK’s. Berger 156 gr elite hunter. Basically it seems to optimize for these bullets you want to push the freebore and lead out .14 or so. For a free bore of .258. Which I had read on Accurate shooters as close to what they recommended for match chambering. .160 freebore. This throat extension allow for loading 153.5’s at 3.126” kissing the lands. With enough throat to chase lands .15”. So I asked BHW if they would be willing to use a throat reamer and push the freebore out based on my calculation they deferred and s said we will ream the chamber in 260 SAMMI you can easily shoot as such and determine for yourself what it needs. Get a throat reamer and set your free bore yourself. It will be 8 to 12 weeks before I get the barrel. So does anyone have a throat reamer I could use to accomplish this or should I just rent one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom