• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I keep seeing videos on Facebook about a company called J Kenny & Co that are making a drop in auto-loading lifter for the Benelli M2.

No idea on cost, or when they're actually going to make it available for sale, but I know I want one. They're planning on making these for other shotguns, too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What problem is this attempting to solve? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I'm just trying to understand the product.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    What problem is this attempting to solve? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I'm just trying to understand the product.

It speeds up the loading of shells. The shooter doesn’t have to hit the bolt release. Good for 3gun/combat shotgun. We’re talking seconds and fractions of a second.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Pretty much standard on a lot of Browning/FN shotguns over the years including the Browning Golds and the FN SLP. However the Win SX-2/3 which is also a clone of the Browning does not have the feature (so Win 3-gun shooters usually added a Browning action group to their Winchesters).

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The Benelli guns lock the bolt back after the final round is fired. Pretty much like every semi-auto out there. However, there is NO access to the mag tube to load shells until after the bolt is released. So, with a stock Benelli it usually goes, drop round into chamber from ejection port, close bolt, flip gun 90 degrees, and start loading the mag tube.

This device would allow a shooter to just flip the gun over to the loading port and load everything from there. I'd probably get this device for my SBE and M4 if they become available for those models. This is the one thing that pisses me the heck off with the Benelli. Think it is the same way with Beretta semi-autos too, so I would buy them for the Beretta too.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Anybody try this yet? I am trying to decide if $240 if worth it or not. That's a pretty good chunk of change for something that might save me 3 seconds 4 or 5 times a year. Its not like I make a living shooting 3 gun.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    They are being used with a good success. I have seen 2 guns with breakage. One had this brand and the other is the brand that requires you to send it into them for install. I just bought an A5 and cut the loading port and added a +9 tube/clamp and didn’t look back. It was expensive but it always works as long as I use 1250fps 1 1/8 loads . HTH

If I did mod another brand of gun it would be a beretta with a softer shooting/less ammo finicky gas system. Last I was paying attention it wasn’t offered for the berettas but I’ve been out of the game for a while....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom