• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Hi All,

Finally broke ground for my new house and in 6 months or so, I'll be putting my place in Mount Airy on the Market. I'm well above water on the house and in a fairly desirable neighborhood with solid comps but I still don't want to shell out 30K in real estate commissions. I know I don't have alot of control over that on the buyer's agent side but on my side, I want to maximize my proceeds.

I've looked at Hybrid models (Redfin, etc.) but the thought in the back of my mind that keeps nagging me is "You get what you pay for". I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendation on a good "Major" Real state company in central MD that will negotiate on their commission and give me a good selling experience. This is my first "Rodeo" on this deal so I don't want to get burned. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

ST.243

Jul 13, 2014
    You can try to call Stacey. She is a good person and experienced agent. Her number is 301-741-6360. I would recommend you my agent but he retired 9 years ago (a year after we bought our house).

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Might be worth checking in with Lisa Sabelhaus. It might be outside of her normal area of operations, but I've seen her signs on Penn Shop Rd. north of MD 80 before, so who knows.

She was our buyer's agent and was fantastic. She's got 5 stars on every single rating service out there for realtors. She'll get someone in your house for you at the price you want in no time.

Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    I just used Jim Keating to sell my house and buy our new house that we are getting built too. He was great, my wife and I loved him. His number is 240-285-5740. I highly recommend him. Just to let you know that almost everything is negotiable, including the commission.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Marty Saunders
    Advance Realty Perry Hall

He'll negotiate anything

And he'll be my father in law in the next year so I'll make sure hes good to you. Tell him his son in law found you on Maryland Shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom