Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old April 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Is there any question that these are Domestic Enemies of the Constitution we are dealing with. It does'nt matter how well intended they are. We know where good intentions can lead.
hvymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM #12
In a State of Denial

In a State of Denial

That's part of the larger problem with progressives. They don't care about the constitutionality of something if they "feel" it is beneficial to the proletariat.

The biggest obstacle standing in their way is the U.S. Constitution.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Father in law
From the same nest of poisonous snakes.
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM #14

My guess would be that there is still a copy of this posted on the wall at MSP Handgun License Division.
#250A
Spin Master
Straightshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:11 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O B View Post
From the same nest of poisonous snakes.
That's Funny!

“Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual”. Thomas Jefferson
Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM #16

It's interesting to read and note the creeping baby steps approach that the true gun-banning fanatics subscribe to. These are the proposals that are most dangerous. A flamboyant out and out bill to ban handguns introduced all at once would fall flat on its face, even here in the PRMD. However, the alternative approach, a little more encroachment every year, that has potential; "this year we make it harder to qualify to own a regulated firearm, next year we make it harder to get a dealer's license, the year after that we beef up the training requirements.....etc." Until 5 or 10 years down the road handguns are for the most part effectively banned (and they can then move on to long guns).

This is why we cannot give these bastards an inch. Those inches quickly turn into feet and yards. And we cannot lower our guard because the public momentum is with us right now. There could very well come a time when the pendulum swings the other way, and we find ourselves on the defensive again as was the case in the 1990's.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:36 PM #17
Hey, hey, my, my

Hey, hey, my, my

Quote:
... to taking background checks to draconian levels...
Pretty much what we have in Maryland right now with the egregious fishing expedition application we have to fill out to carry. At least it's not as bad just to own. Still...

Oh, and thanks for posting this, zoo.
Smagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM #18
R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Quote:
It's interesting to read and note the creeping baby steps approach that the true gun-banning fanatics subscribe to. These are the proposals that are most dangerous. A flamboyant out and out bill to ban handguns introduced all at once would fall flat on its face, even here in the PRMD. However, the alternative approach, a little more encroachment every year, that has potential; "this year we make it harder to qualify to own a regulated firearm, next year we make it harder to get a dealer's license, the year after that we beef up the training requirements.....etc." Until 5 or 10 years down the road handguns are for the most part effectively banned (and they can then move on to long guns).

This is why we cannot give these bastards an inch. Those inches quickly turn into feet and yards. And we cannot lower our guard because the public momentum is with us right now. There could very well come a time when the pendulum swings the other way, and we find ourselves on the defensive again as was the case in the 1990's.
Well said; Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM #19

Quote:
Now if we can only get the fine citizens of our state to stop voting by party and start voting by issue we would be better off. I still say we should toss out all incumbents this next election. If you cleaned out a fair amount of our State Legislature and instilled new bodies things could be very different for us.

“Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual”. Thomas Jefferson
Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM #20
Not Banned Yet

Not Banned Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Now if we can only get the fine citizens of our state to stop voting by party and start voting by issue we would be better off. I still say we should toss out all incumbents this next election. If you cleaned out a fair amount of our State Legislature and instilled new bodies things could be very different for us.
You know, I see this refrain often, and feel I need to start correcting it. For many/most voters, including many on this forum, 2A is not the end all and be all of issues. Sure, there are plenty of single issue voters, but to me (and others), RKBA is to be considered in addition to 1A issues, education, healthcare, business regulation, father's rights, etc.

Does it occur to folks that 2A isn't the only reason for someone picking a candidate? Let's face it, most are far less informed or concerned about gun rights that MDS members. For all the noise generated by recent court decisions, it looks like only a few hundred people applied for a CCW (discussion was somewhere in here)
gmhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues