Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 8th, 2018, 08:06 AM #11
Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice

I think it is being abused already with the death of one man so far in Maryland , it is clear it has not saved one life yet but has taken a life . But really his life is and was not important because he owned a gun and ammo and he was evil .<sarc>

One is too many we already have too much he said she said stuff and multiple ways to "F" over people this seems even a bit easier to do once they expand it .

Most likely i will walk the bricks in Jan. 2019 as a lone wolf with my son to at least show my disdain for this law . Plus it is a great way to exercise my legs and my rights . I realize i may waste my time and efforts but being with my son walking the bricks is a great way for me as a Dad to bond with him life is too short from my eyes .
These politicians are given far too much power IMHO we need to remind them they work for us .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 08:13 AM #12

I had mentioned in another post that you have to be careful of the anti-gunner tactics anymore. There are some wing nuts out there, maybe a former "relation" that could target you with false claims/threats which you may have to defend yourself. Any vehicle decals denoting a fan of firearms could set you up to be targeted. Keep a low profile
People constantly speak of 'the government' doing this or that, as they might speak of God doing it. But the government is really nothing but a group of men, and usually they are very inferior men. - H. L. Mencken

NRA Life
Utah CCW
US Army 1972-1975
Vietnam Veterans of America
Chapter 304 Frederick, MD
Atrox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 08:31 AM #13
The Leatherstocking

The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
And were the initiators of the other 60 or so prosecuted for perjury? That's what is supposed to happen, right?
Nope. They're specifically granted immunity from persecution as long as the original request was made "in good faith." Good luck proving that it wasn't.

Quote:
As for the bolded, be careful, you're close to violating the strict anti shaming policy.
Can we please let that lay? Honestly, the whole "you come to PP events or you are worthless" thing really turns me off, even though I think what you guys are doing is important.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:17 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Can we please let that lay? Honestly, the whole "you come to PP events or you are worthless" thing really turns me off, even though I think what you guys are doing is important.
Nobody ever said that. We as a group need to make ourselves known. You don't get freedom without effort. Many send letters, some testify, and some participate in a more visible fashion. Complaining about it on this board does nothing for the cause.
Not_an_outlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:20 AM #15
Former MSI BOD

Former MSI BOD

114 requests, 60 granted, do we know if any of the 60 granted turned out to be anything substantial? That's a rather telling statistic that seems to be missing.
gprimr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:24 AM #16

Does anyone know if you can go to the courthouse and look at the file? Are other actions kept "closed" from public view?

I'm curious if the secrecy can be challenged in court. It looks like a secret confiscation scheme without oversight.
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:35 AM #17
The Leatherstocking

The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
Nobody ever said that. We as a group need to make ourselves known. You don't get freedom without effort. Many send letters, some testify, and some participate in a more visible fashion. Complaining about it on this board does nothing for the cause.
People have said nearly exactly that.

And I quote:

Quote:
We have people I have never met, boviating their superior knowledge of everything firearms related, and proclaim how bad the firearms laws are in Maryland. But can't show up for a simple rally. Frankly, they are are detrimental to the cause. Maybe they should stay in the rice cooker thread.
Sound familiar at all? You said that people who won't come to rallies are detrimental to the cause. I would argue that posts like that are detrimental to the cause, because crapping on other people on our side who don't do the kind of activism that you want them to do just creates division between us.

I think that the PP is a hugely valuable group for our cause in Maryland, and what you guys do is important, but you've got to stop crapping on people who don't come to your events. We are all in this together, and the PP way is NOT the only way to make things better here. It's an important one, but it's not the only one, and people who don't come to the rallies don't deserve to be crapped on.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:44 AM #18
Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
People have said nearly exactly that.

And I quote:

Sound familiar at all? You said that people who won't come to rallies are detrimental to the cause. I would argue that posts like that are detrimental to the cause, because crapping on other people on our side who don't do the kind of activism that you want them to do just creates division between us.

I think that the PP is a hugely valuable group for our cause in Maryland, and what you guys do is important, but you've got to stop crapping on people who don't come to your events. We are all in this together, and the PP way is NOT the only way to make things better here. It's an important one, but it's not the only one, and people who don't come to the rallies don't deserve to be crapped on.
Amen , and needs to be said And i agree the PP has a valued place here and in Annapolis as well as the other members here that do the money thing or the letter thing .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:45 AM #19

Too bad you see it that way. That note is out of context. Defensive in nature. I'm surprised it bothered you so much that you had to go find it. I don't know you or what you do for the second amendment. I know that whatever I do, it is not enough compared to those that have lost their lives defending it.
Old November 8th, 2018, 09:50 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrox88 View Post
I had mentioned in another post that you have to be careful of the anti-gunner tactics anymore. There are some wing nuts out there, maybe a former "relation" that could target you with false claims/threats which you may have to defend yourself. Any vehicle decals denoting a fan of firearms could set you up to be targeted. Keep a low profile
It is legalized swatting.
FrankOceanXray is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
trigger warning