What did YOU do to fight gun control this year?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I totally agree with you. We knew we wouldn't change her mind. But believe me, that phone call really changed out minds about supporting her next election. Even if we agreed with her on other issues, it was a huge eye opener for many of us when she laughed us off.

Personally, and many of my members agree, this was more about us venting our anger in a constructive way and making sure we could walk away feeling like we did our best.

I can understand that.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm only a stones throw away from Pennsylvania and have been planning a move up there for a few years. Hopewell, Fawn or Peach Bottom township is likely where I'll be soon.

Just sitting back and seeing what rural properties come up for sale. As far as 2A stuff, just gawking on PAFOA forum to see what state gun control bills are making moves. Nothing really interesting state wide but Pittsburgh sure has it's gun grabbers making noise

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Look at all the other posts in this sub forum. They are almost all about people doing things to fight for the cause. All your post adds is patting yourself on the back, turning good folks off from working with you, and a pinch of condescending for good measure.

Which president made the observation about the limits - or lack thereof - for what man could achieve if they didn’t care about who got credit?

Everyone should take credit for what they do and be public about it. Now isn't the time for hiding our good deeds. Now is the time to do whatever we can to make a difference.

One of the great Torah sages of the early commentators was asked if a synagogue should list the names of donors on its wall, or if that was too much self praise. He answered that it was permissible because they were desperate for funds and publicizing donors would promote others to donate.

I feel that applies here as well. Everyone needs to get involved. Everyone should be recognized and praised for making the effort.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I'm only a stones throw away from Pennsylvania and have been planning a move up there for a few years. Hopewell, Fawn or Peach Bottom township is likely where I'll be soon.

Just sitting back and seeing what rural properties come up for sale. As far as 2A stuff, just gawking on PAFOA forum to see what state gun control bills are making moves. Nothing really interesting state wide but Pittsburgh sure has it's gun grabbers making noise

Yeah, I'm also looking at PA. We have a couple of properties on our radar. But, PA is turning purple very fast.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    To what end? I think this falls under, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Their minds are made up - they aren't going to listen or be swayed because, simply put, they don't want to.

Also, it was worth showing up or watching the hearings online just for your own edification. It was amazing being in a room full of great people who aren't afraid of the gun taboo and agree with you, especially in Maryland. Also, the testimony was so gratifying. it really made us all feel great to watch so many people speaking so well about the issues and standing up for us. Its worthwhile to go back and watch a the hearing just for that.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    It was on a plaque on President Reagan's desk.

LOL, this isn't about who gets credit. Ultimately, I think we all know this won't end well and no one gets credit for a loss. This is about everyone doing their part and recognizing that there is something for everyone to do.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    To what end? I think this falls under, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Their minds are made up - they aren't going to listen or be swayed because, simply put, they don't want to.

I have an opinion
    they have an opionion
    I don't feel that they can change my mind
    why should I feel that I can change their mind??????

I base my statement on post #11 on this thread:
    "Hettleman literally laughed us off. Not kidding she legit laughed at us during our conference call."

I know that if she told me about a stupid law, I'd laugh at her. When I tell her a law is stupid she would laugh at me. Using the word stupid, but you can replace it with any other word you want.

Not trying to argue, it's a genuine question that I ask myself. I'm curious to see what others say.

why should I feel that I can change their mind??????

There’s a difference between changing someone’s mind and changing someone’s vote. What they think is what they think but how they vote has more to do with how that affects them politically. The AR15 HBAR ban bill has something like 50 cosponsors I believe. Many of these would be perfectly happy just to report that “they tried” and have no real desire one way or the other about the actual passing of the bill.

Everyone should take credit for what they do and be public about it. Now isn't the time for hiding our good deeds. Now is the time to do whatever we can to make a difference.

One of the great Torah sages of the early commentators was asked if a synagogue should list the names of donors on its wall, or if that was too much self praise. He answered that it was permissible because they were desperate for funds and publicizing donors would promote others to donate.

I feel that applies here as well. Everyone needs to get involved. Everyone should be recognized and praised for making the effort.

LOL, this isn't about who gets credit. Ultimately, I think we all know this won't end well and no one gets credit for a loss. This is about everyone doing their part and recognizing that there is something for everyone to do.

:confused::confused:

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Ah-Haaa!!!!
    I can't even vote. How could I be president?

Love,
    Your Goi Neighbor.

Also, the meeting is open to everyone. You're more than welcome to come and say your piece. I'll cede the podium for one minute, just like Zirkin gave us lol. In fact even ur best friend hettleman is invited. And she can even vote!! You should nominate her!!!! (ironically, its kinda funny that a super anti gun jew can vote, but a super pro gun gentile can't vote, I think we need to change the rules to exclude anti gun people)

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Also, the meeting is open to everyone. You're more than welcome to come and say your piece. I'll cede the podium for one minute, just like Zirkin gave us lol. In fact even ur best friend hettleman is invited. And she can even vote!! You should nominate her!!!! (ironically, its kinda funny that a super anti gun jew can vote, but a super pro gun gentile can't vote, I think we need to change the rules to exclude anti gun people)

You do understand the hypocrisy you just espoused right?

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    There’s a difference between changing someone’s mind and changing someone’s vote. What they think is what they think but how they vote has more to do with how that affects them politically. The AR15 HBAR ban bill has something like 50 cosponsors I believe. Many of these would be perfectly happy just to report that “they tried” and have no real desire one way or the other about the actual passing of the bill.

Idk, some of these people only care about party politics and getting a win for the party. So yeah, they probably don't care about the issue itself, but they will do whatever party leadership says they have to do.

I think our group is unique because we live in the city and county, and we are not at all what most mainstream media depict all the time as gun owners. So, in that way, I think we may have helped shift her perspective. Getting her to see that her very own neighbors own guns and not just some hillbillies from flyover country.

Ya, so I just checked with one of her biggest donors who supports some of her other legislative efforts. It is impossible to get a FTF with her in Pikesville during the session. But thanks for again for offering.

Did you stop to think why I only mentioned Hettleman and not: Zirkin, Stein and Cardin? Did it phase you that I may have known her husband Jeff and her in-laws Myra and Buzzy for much longer than she has been in politics?
    Keep alienating yourself from potential allies and your existing circle will continue to shrink.
    This is Shmuel's MDS claim to fame... https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?231485&p=5445203#post5445203

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Sure they do, we just change the semantics to “blame.”

LOL, really? Does anyone blame the pro gun advocates for not trying hard enough? I guess I would be annoyed with people who complain about gun laws, but can't trouble themselves to show up and fight for them. But I don't think anyone blames them for losing the fight?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom