more gun control needed in MD. obviously.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Because the last time Moms demanded action in 2013 the homicide rate in MD went up 35%. So lets do it again! Last I checked the average Bodymoron, victim or perp, had been through the system numerous times.

If it were up to me all these Montgomery COunty Linosuine liberals would spend 10 days in Sandtown Winchester. I mean, they want to force the Baltimore police to live in Baltimore, maybe the lobbyists should liver there too.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-gun-control-20190131-story.html

Although Maryland already has some of the strictest firearms laws in the nation, members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America said Thursday that the state needs to adopt new measures and remain a leader on gun control.

:banghead:

Just dont tell Bloomturd, he is vying for armed guards on Hopkins campus, lol. I am a Hopkins alum, I am armed, maybe he means me when I visit???

Maryland is getting screwed by Moms Demanding Action, and not in the good way.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Crap, I cannot read the article. Oh well, maybe we should for a group called "Dads Demanding Opposite Action"

Pissing me off that they use the fact that they are moms to plead to people's bleeding hearts. Maybe "Moms and Dads Demanding Opposite Action" because I know my wife isn't for any of this BS gun control. She gets into debates with her Facebook friends online a lot about it. I think her eyes were opened about 14 years ago when we heard a loud noise in our townhouse. She thought somebody had broken into the house. She rolled over in bed and asked, "Did you bring that handgun from your parents?" At first, we had the discussion about guns in the house with kids around. After that night, there hasn't been a peep about it. Of course, I do my part and lock all the guns up all the time.

Anyway, this bleeding heart crap from within their McMansions needs to stop.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Crap, I cannot read the article. Oh well, maybe we should for a group called "Dads Demanding Opposite Action"

How about keeping it inclusive, and calling it "Parents Demand Protection." A group for parents who want to be able to protect their families.

Pissing me off that they use the fact that they are moms to plead to people's bleeding hearts. Maybe "Moms and Dads Demanding Opposite Action" because I know my wife isn't for any of this BS gun control. She gets into debates with her Facebook friends online a lot about it. I think her eyes were opened about 14 years ago when we heard a loud noise in our townhouse. She thought somebody had broken into the house. She rolled over in bed and asked, "Did you bring that handgun from your parents?" At first, we had the discussion about guns in the house with kids around. After that night, there hasn't been a peep about it. Of course, I do my part and lock all the guns up all the time.

Anyway, this bleeding heart crap from within their McMansions needs to stop.

My wife is no fan of guns, doesn't want to see them or hear about them, but when we had a group of guys try and get in our back door years ago, she was glad they were there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    How about keeping it inclusive, and calling it "Parents Demand Protection." A group for parents who want to be able to protect their families.

My wife is no fan of guns, doesn't want to see them or hear about them, but when we had a group of guys try and get in our back door years ago, she was glad they were there.

Not to that degree with my wife. Though she is probably more uncomfortable/anti than your wife. She has still remarked on a few occasions about being glad I owned guns with things like killing a fox before it got in to her chickens. She sure enjoys the fruits of my hunting.

She has admitted her fear of guns isn’t really rational, but “I can’t help it. They make me really anxious”.

So it is much more near no evil, see no evil, speak no evil in my house. Then she can sort of try to pretend they don’t exist. She is hung up on one or two. Fabs knows why. Working on making happy wife, happy life. We don’t discuss gun control stuff much. We have some overlap and I’ve managed to get her to change her views some. She is a we but more comfortable than she had been and is even letting me take her shooting with a 22 (I screwed up our first ever range trip. Just don’t ask, it’s why I am in hot water over one or two things and doing a bit of downsizing in general).

But we aren’t ever going to see eye to eye.

She lets me take the kids to the range and hunting (with some limitations). Could be in a worse situation.

I send my letters and emails to my state reps.

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    I bet they’re also supportive of not arresting people for marijuana in Baltimore no matter the amount of weight too. Despite the fact a lot of those guys & gals carry guns - so not arresting/pulling them up = letting more criminals with guns run free.

See it all the time on Facebook , Baltimore pds account , people getting caught with like a couple grams of weed , some baggies and a gun thinking they’re Pablo Escobar or something lol.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not to that degree with my wife. Though she is probably more uncomfortable/anti than your wife. She has still remarked on a few occasions about being glad I owned guns with things like killing a fox before it got in to her chickens. She sure enjoys the fruits of my hunting.

She has admitted her fear of guns isn’t really rational, but “I can’t help it. They make me really anxious”.

So it is much more near no evil, see no evil, speak no evil in my house. Then she can sort of try to pretend they don’t exist. She is hung up on one or two. Fabs knows why. Working on making happy wife, happy life. We don’t discuss gun control stuff much. We have some overlap and I’ve managed to get her to change her views some. She is a we but more comfortable than she had been and is even letting me take her shooting with a 22 (I screwed up our first ever range trip. Just don’t ask, it’s why I am in hot water over one or two things and doing a bit of downsizing in general).

But we aren’t ever going to see eye to eye.

She lets me take the kids to the range and hunting (with some limitations). Could be in a worse situation.

I send my letters and emails to my state reps.

Hey now, my wife draws lines too. She drew a line in the sand in 2013. My 16th purchase that year caused some strife. Wanted to buy a STI 2011 for $2,000, and she said "ABSOLUTELY NOT"! After sleeping on it, I woke up with an epiphany. I'd buy the frame for only $650 and then finish the gun later on. Mentioned that option to her and she said, "Alright, but this is absolutely the last one for this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A couple of months before that incident, as I was worrying and worrying about FSA2013, she came to me and asked me to print out a copy of the bill for her. About an hour later, she comes back to me and says "Does this right here mean that if I buy a handgun right now, I don't have to take the training course to buy a handgun in the future?" I responded in the affirmative and then she said, "Well, buy something for me then. Maybe a Sig like the ones you just got." So, my wife now owns a Sig in her name and if push comes to shove, she will get the HQL and buy any future handguns that we want.

She just drew a line in concrete the other day. She said alright to a RPR in .338 Lapua and a RPR in 6.5CM. However, getting a third in .308Win was a little too much to ask. Wait until I ask her to buy a couple of Burris XTRIII scopes for these rifles. It reminds me of my trip to the kite shop this summer in the OBX. I really wanted the $250 kite, but I told the gentleman there that $250 requires spousal permission. So, I made the phone call, explained the situation to my wife, and the shop owner could hear her through the phone saying "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can spend $100 or less on a kite and accessories!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The shop owner said, "Sounds like that went over like a fart in church." First time I had ever heard that phrase and I got a pretty good laugh out of it. I use it often now. I've been hinting at what the scopes are going to cost, just to get her ready for it. lol

I am lucky in that my wife had been clays shooting before I had even met her. She was a little hesitant about having firearms in the house with kids present, and we had a debate regarding when the kids would be allowed to shoot guns. Now, 15 years later, everything regarding the kids and firearms is left to my discretion.

She has no idea what a RPR even looks like, much less what .338 LM looks like. Hoping she doesn't ask me to get rid of the monster because it is too scary. Going to have to find the right time to broach the .50 BMG McMillan bolt gun subject to her. lol Been joking with her that the RPR in .338LM is good for shooting boyfriends out to a mile, as is a .50BMG, but the .50BMG is also good for shooting the engine block out of a boyfriend's vehicle.

We can commiserate together.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey now, my wife draws lines too. She drew a line in the sand in 2013. My 16th purchase that year caused some strife. Wanted to buy a STI 2011 for $2,000, and she said "ABSOLUTELY NOT"! After sleeping on it, I woke up with an epiphany. I'd buy the frame for only $650 and then finish the gun later on. Mentioned that option to her and she said, "Alright, but this is absolutely the last one for this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A couple of months before that incident, as I was worrying and worrying about FSA2013, she came to me and asked me to print out a copy of the bill for her. About an hour later, she comes back to me and says "Does this right here mean that if I buy a handgun right now, I don't have to take the training course to buy a handgun in the future?" I responded in the affirmative and then she said, "Well, buy something for me then. Maybe a Sig like the ones you just got." So, my wife now owns a Sig in her name and if push comes to shove, she will get the HQL and buy any future handguns that we want.

She just drew a line in concrete the other day. She said alright to a RPR in .338 Lapua and a RPR in 6.5CM. However, getting a third in .308Win was a little too much to ask. Wait until I ask her to buy a couple of Burris XTRIII scopes for these rifles. It reminds me of my trip to the kite shop this summer in the OBX. I really wanted the $250 kite, but I told the gentleman there that $250 requires spousal permission. So, I made the phone call, explained the situation to my wife, and the shop owner could hear her through the phone saying "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can spend $100 or less on a kite and accessories!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The shop owner said, "Sounds like that went over like a fart in church." First time I had ever heard that phrase and I got a pretty good laugh out of it. I use it often now. I've been hinting at what the scopes are going to cost, just to get her ready for it. lol

I am lucky in that my wife had been clays shooting before I had even met her. She was a little hesitant about having firearms in the house with kids present, and we had a debate regarding when the kids would be allowed to shoot guns. Now, 15 years later, everything regarding the kids and firearms is left to my discretion.

She has no idea what a RPR even looks like, much less what .338 LM looks like. Hoping she doesn't ask me to get rid of the monster because it is too scary. Going to have to find the right time to broach the .50 BMG McMillan bolt gun subject to her. lol Been joking with her that the RPR in .338LM is good for shooting boyfriends out to a mile, as is a .50BMG, but the .50BMG is also good for shooting the engine block out of a boyfriend's vehicle.

We can commiserate together.

There you go. Reason for the .50BMG. The boyfriend could be hiding behind the engine block!

Things are settling down. I haven’t sold the Rascal yet, but I will be positing it up here soon. She is thrilled to hell I am selling it. I think the OP will be able to stay if I am delicate and avoid being up my guns for a long time.

I figure I can probably gently twist her arm in to a gun a year if I am careful. She is very slowly changing. Just glacial. All things considered, that isn’t the worst thing ever now that my collection did blossom awfully fast. Just frustrating in part because my bucket list is still a good 10+ left on it and they will just get more expensive. Not that I can afford to run out and buy them all now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom