• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yea I go over the Wilson. I will just drop onto the Eisenhower exit, unlock, load, and holster there. People get so testy when they see you loading firearm. I can see getting questioned by Police once or twice a month.

I don't let anybody see this process because after all the goal is CCW. I risk being followed by someone who sees I have heavy metal that they can acquire if they get the jump on me from behind in a parking lot.

When I OC I assume Thug Life is coming at me from all directions. I do it to fly the flag, but I don't relax. If I want to concentrate on my errands or business, I CCW.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Pulled from MSP Website​​

"Yes, under Title 18, Section 926A, of the United States Code, a person who is not prohibited from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment. In the case the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked compartment other than the glove compartment or console.​"

Wow good save Thumbert! Thank you

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't let anybody see this process because after all the goal is CCW. I risk being followed by someone who sees I have heavy metal that they can acquire if they get the jump on me from behind in a parking lot.

When I OC I am assume Thug Life is coming at me from all directions. I do it to fly the flag, but I don't relax. If I want to concentrate on my errands or business, I CCW.

not the glovebox or console. basically yes. that's what I do, except mine is in a small lockable gun safe. satisfies either requiremet.

All good advice. Several other threads on this, also a 'sticky' on the process.

Maryland is a very non-permissive "may issue" state. But in recent years, largey due to Hogan appointing a more reasonable Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB), your odds are slightly better now than in the last few decades. You have to articulate an undefined (subjective) "Good and Substantial" reason to get a permit. Who gets one and for what reason is arbitrary and denying an otherwise law-abiding person their right to defend themselves is capricious. It's also an infringement of a Constitutionally protected right (so it's also illegal).

In other threads you'll find advice on strategies to improve your odds of getting a permit, but some very well qualified folks (many on this forum) have been denied, some granted a permit but given restrictions. It's an ongoing saga that has unified many of us to take action, expose this 'problem' and dedicate our time and money to try to make it better. We would be stronger if you would join us. The good news is, I feel we are winning, slowly.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    All good advice. Several other threads on this, also a 'sticky' on the process.

Maryland is a very non-permissive "may issue" state. But in recent years, largey due to Hogan appointing a more reasonable Handgun Permit Review Board (HPRB), your odds are slightly better now than in the last few decades. You have to articulate an undefined (subjective) "Good and Substantial" reason to get a permit. Who gets one and for what reason is arbitrary and denying an otherwise law-abiding person their right to defend themselves is capricious. It's also an infringement of a Constitutionally protected right (so it's also illegal).

In other threads you'll find advice on strategies to improve your odds of getting a permit, but some very well qualified folks (many on this forum) have been denied, some granted a permit but given restrictions. It's an ongoing saga that has unified many of us to take action, expose this 'problem' and dedicate our time and money to try to make it better. We would be stronger if you would join us. The good news is, I feel we are winning, slowly.

Also, your odds of getting a MD "Wear and Carry" (W&C) Permit skyrocket if you can prove that you routinely carry large amounts of cash. Makes no sense, but it is what it is.

Here's the MSI position: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4635484#post4635484

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    As a new local this thread has given a lot of good information. It really is starting to feel like you can get passed some of the draconian gun control laws with some research. Thank you all for the help.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    bingo Texas.

I prepare myself when on travel by downloading individual state pages from

www.handgunlaw.us

Then I note the differences between states. It's a little work but being a responsible gun owner requires it IMO. Should it be simpler? yes it should. But since states are sovereign entities, this is what we have to deal with. I have more than a few CCW permits from other states.

PM me if you have more questions. I travel frequently by both car and air so perhaps I can help you out further

And it's not rocket science.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Life is a lot easier in Texas. Two day drive to get from one side to the other and the closest state that has issues is Colorado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom