Whats the deal with Dicks Sporting goods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thats the one. I originally tried to buy my glock at the cop shop but they had a three months for Gen4 g19 so they sent me to the gun shop. He had one in stock ready to roll.

One of my favorite shops. Onatsky is an mds member and works at the shop. They used to be an mds industry partner, but not anymore since there was a large purge of IPs last year.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks,
    Question, when shopping for slugs will the box specifically say slugs on it? Or will be there be a different indicator to let me know its not bird/buck?
    Also it looks like my barrel is smooth bore not rifles so I assume that means I dont want anything that says Sabot.

You want to look for a box of ammo that says rifled slugs Nothing 00 Buck or birdshot of course. For your practicing at Freestate, buy cheap. Some of that ammo can be expensive.

Good luck!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Background check came back yesterday. So thursday 9am to Sunday 11am.

She's a beaut. Went to BassPro and picked up 100 round value pack of bird shot just for the range. Was supposed drive out to Delmarva at 7am this morning but it didnt happen. Besides the crappy weather I was in Johns Hopkins ER until 3am, wife has an abrasion on her cornea from messing with her contacts.

Gonna try to get to FreeState later on but need to buy some slugs first.

Gorgeous HD shotgun. Despite the frustration, I'm sure it makes the pain a bit less. I think I'll shop for one of these in the future too, as I've been wanting something in the Mossberg 500 line.

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    Ugh what a day. Went to the walmart over by Benjies drive-in theatre. Of all the ammo they had, they only had one type of 12 gauge slug and it was expensive. $12 for 10 shells. I was desperate and figured it would still be cheaper than anything Freestate had, if they even sell slugs.

Drove to FreeState, guy said its a two hour wait so I just came home. $8 on tolls, $12 on overpriced ammo, $8 on gas and two hours of my day.

Might try again tomorrow when everyone goes back to work.

Ill probably just keep these shells for home defense and find some cheaper ones at the walmart in Severn, they have a huge selection.

Attachments

• 50508128535__9F9F7B33-F169-4A8A-A9A1-BD68B5D9C0CC.jpg
      50508128535__9F9F7B33-F169-4A8A-A9A1-BD68B5D9C0CC.jpg
      110.5 KB · Views: 133

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's not what they'll allow you to shoot at Freestate. It has the rifled slug, but also has 3 00 buck pellets. You just need a plain rifled slug. When you're back on that side of town, take them back. Way too expensive anyway.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's not what they'll allow you to shoot at Freestate. It has the rifled slug, but also has 3 00 buck pellets. You just need a plain rifled slug. When you're back on that side of town, take them back. Way too expensive anyway.

Does wally world allow returns on ammo?

I'm surprised that's all they had. Usually the have the Winchester superX slugs at $5/5shells.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does wally world allow returns on ammo?

I'm surprised that's all they had. Usually the have the Winchester superX slugs at $5/5shells.

I think you're right, I seem to remember hearing something like that in the past.

Oh well. It will make for good home defense ammo. :thumbsup:

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    I think you're right, I seem to remember hearing something like that in the past.

Oh well. It will make for good home defense ammo. :thumbsup:

That walmart sucked. The one in Severn actually sells guns and has the .223 ammo for .37/round at all times. Ill keep those slugs for home defense and go find cheaper.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That walmart sucked. The one in Severn actually sells guns and has the .223 ammo for .37/round at all times. Ill keep those slugs for home defense and go find cheaper.

I think you'll find most Walmarts in the Baltimore metro area do not sell long guns. If I'm not mistaken, the only Walmart in Harford County that sells long guns is the Fallston store. You may be spoiled by your Walmart in Severn, because the one in Bowley's Quarters is pretty standard when it comes to ammo inventory.

Things may have changed. I haven't been in that sore for almost 3 years, but it was okay back then. You did go into the store right after deer season and Baltimore county is a shotgun county. Maybe that's why they were sold out of regular slugs.

Either way, good luck with the new shotgun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it tremendously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom