• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vank

Dec 16, 2016
    SoMd
    So I applied for my HQL on November 15. Im pretty sure I should be approved by now December 18. Here's what my status looks like.

Application\License Fee - Completed Nov/15/16
    Live Scan - Completed Dec/09/16
    NICS - Completed Dec/12/16
    CJIS - Incomplete
    MAFSS - Completed Dec/09/16
    METERS - Incomplete
    JIS - Completed Dec/12/16
    DJS - Incomplete
    DHMH - Completed Nov/17/16
    Secure Case Search Incomplete
    Secondary Review Incomplete
    Alien/INS Not Applicable Dec/09/16

Any insight is much appreciated

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Look like they are working on it. Mine was in my mailbox in seven days. No idea what they've done now to be so slow. Did you do your prints on 11/15 or 12/9? If 12/9, I would consider that the day to count from.

Bubblehead21

Nov 17, 2016
    Just got mine

I started mine on 11/11/16 and just got mine two days ago, on Friday 12/16/16. Hopefully you will be complete some time this week. I thought the same thing I only had like two left for a couple of days then it went active.

Last edited:

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Put mine in on Nov 28th. Starting to wonder too. You're doing better than me though. :( Had plans for that Glock 40 for some holiday fun.

HQL.PNG

Vank

Dec 16, 2016
    SoMd
    My prints were done 11/14. I submitted everything the next day 11/15. I was looking forward to the some holiday cheer also. Its hard not to check everyday

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So how did this get from seven days when I and others applied a couple years ago, to now over a month? Make Maryland Great Again

Vank

Dec 16, 2016
    SoMd
    If we the citizens have to abide by their rules to obtain a handgun. I've yet to understand why they can't abide by their "30 day" rule. Maybe they want to have the guns all to themselves, holidays you know

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Time line mine came card in the mail on 30th day. But that was what mine looked like toward the end of the process and I was as well very frustrated. If your fingerprint weren't submitted till 12/9 then that is when they can really start such background checks so if you don't have it by 1/9 I would start to get more irritated. Also all the holidays really effects there work and time line. For mine I put my app in two days after a guy on here and mine was a little over a week later do to the 4th of July holiday. It really sucks but being patient will pay off. I had exactly did my DC a week after and had the letter come the same week as HQL Card.

So I applied for my HQL on November 15. Im pretty sure I should be approved by now December 18. Here's what my status looks like.

Application\License Fee - Completed Nov/15/16
    Live Scan - Completed Dec/09/16
    NICS - Completed Dec/12/16
    CJIS - Incomplete
    MAFSS - Completed Dec/09/16
    METERS - Incomplete
    JIS - Completed Dec/12/16
    DJS - Incomplete
    DHMH - Completed Nov/17/16
    Secure Case Search Incomplete
    Secondary Review Incomplete
    Alien/INS Not Applicable Dec/09/16

Any insight is much appreciated

I completed my HQL application on Nov 15 as well.. but Im confused about where you are getting that detailed info? .. From mdsp.org where I entered all the info all I am able to find is this below.. As you can see Im still sitting and waiting as well..frustrating eh?
    ==

HQL StandardContinue
    Program: Firearms Services
    License Number: Pending
    License Status: Pending
    Certification Date: Expiration Date:

==

Ed :(

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I submitted mine 11/15 as well and received physical card in the mail 12/16.

Have you missed a phone call from the MSP? They called me 12/12 about some issues with the online "attachment" submissions not going through. I had to email some pics that day.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    My prints were done 11/14. I submitted everything the next day 11/15. I was looking forward to the some holiday cheer also. Its hard not to check everyday

Watched pot doesn't boil! especially when there is no penalty or incentive to be efficient.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    WOW this crazy having to wait over 30 days for a license. Must be a influx of new people getting their licenses during the election? So happy I dont need one. I hope you'll get some good news in a few weeks. My guess with Christmas nothing is getting done.

stgeorge

Mar 22, 2014
    Westminster
    Put mine in on Nov 28th. Starting to wonder too. You're doing better than me though. :( Had plans for that Glock 40 for some holiday fun.

HQL.PNG

Mine went in on the 26th and this is as far as mine has gone since the 30th, Santa will be coming in January for me, and I'll get to use the new online app :sad20:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-19 at 9.34.25 PM.png
      Screenshot 2016-12-19 at 9.34.25 PM.png
      6.9 KB · Views: 470

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads