• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    On this day in history, 12/16/2016 !!!

On this day, The Boston Tea Party lights a fuse

Let's 'light the fuse' today for 2A Patriots across the state to all join together in NapTown on 2A Tuesday and the push for gun rights at the next legislative session.

Attachments

• Annapolis Tea Party.jpg
      Annapolis Tea Party.jpg
      130.2 KB · Views: 900

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I took the day off already. I will try and get there early enough to at least audio record the goings on at the rally for those who can not attend. Anyone video taping it?

Mark

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    2A Tuesday is still a good thing, so long as we maintain critical mass.

Legislative office visits can be varried in your experiencing. Even in worst case situation of cold shoulders and brushoffs , that is still a datapoint they track. One person coming by can be written off as a lone nutjob. A dozen people in same day is a trend. 50 people on the same day is a huge trend. ( And after visiting the people representing your own District, HJC and SJP members are fair game.)

Simply saying " You suck" , or " All you damn @$!#ing ( insult) People Suck " doesn't gain much.

By this time Bills will have been introduced. Refer to Bill numbers, give specific comments, preferably about specific sections. You will have a finite amount of time and/ attention span, better to make specific points about one or two Bills than quickly read a laundry list.

Don't quote the US Constitut or Founding Fathers, you will get tuned out 2sec later.

Know a little about the legiscritters. In your initial greeting throw out any community, volunteer, or professional affiliations relevant to their constituants , or their areas of focus.

Know their areas of personal intrest and focus. For example, if they have a background in Z Civil Rights , focus on the parts of the Bills that effect discriminatory access, due process, or equal protection.

With really large crowds of us might require larger groups, but ideally visits are more than one, and less than five people.

And don't let 2A tues be a one time thing. If you are in the Annapolis area any time after 2A Tue , until end of session, drop by for brief visit, and then continue on your way. Seeing us pop up randomly keeps us on their mind, and realize they can't ignore us.

As always, here's some good advice about sign making:

MADE
    YOU
    LOOK

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Isn't there a hunter's day too? I seem to recall it was the week after 2A Tuesday this year. And I seem to recall that Hogan showed up for that "rally", not 2A Tue. Why do we let ourselves get divided into 2 groups? Maybe better coordination between the sport shooters and the sport hunters to show a united front would have a bigger impact on the 'beer boys' who think they own this state?

Because the Maryland Hunters Coalition did not want to be a part of 2A Tuesday, and they also did not want any of us to be a part of their day unless we were hunters. We did reach out to them and got rebuffed.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is precisely how a minority of ANY group casts a pall on all its members. Hunters are great folk, by and large, and benefit from 2A advocacy, but there are always those (in any group) who will take some aspect of it to an extreme, and the rest of the group catch fallout from it.

Now, there are also people out there who simply have no clue that there are issues, and should be educated (if they'd allow it).

That said... I wouldn't have a problem having 20 different affinity groups pestering the critters... but they would have to be able to come together as one, when the time came, and speak as a unified voice.

This was the entire genesis and focus of 2A Tuesday... to provide that singular stage for unity and a show of numbers for general preservation of The Right, IN ADDITION TO the regular advocacy each group would do for their own specific needs/plans/goals.

While together, it becomes a vehicle to educate not only the GA but also each other of the things that are going on in the sausage factory.. and that we see it for what it is.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    This is precisely how a minority of ANY group casts a pall on all its members. Hunters are great folk, by and large, and benefit from 2A advocacy, but there are always those (in any group) who will take some aspect of it to an extreme, and the rest of the group catch fallout from it.

Now, there are also people out there who simply have no clue that there are issues, and should be educated (if they'd allow it).

That said... I wouldn't have a problem having 20 different affinity groups pestering the critters... but they would have to be able to come together as one, when the time came, and speak as a unified voice.

This was the entire genesis and focus of 2A Tuesday... to provide that singular stage for unity and a show of numbers for general preservation of The Right, IN ADDITION TO the regular advocacy each group would do for their own specific needs/plans/goals.

While together, it becomes a vehicle to educate not only the GA but also each other of the things that are going on in the sausage factory.. and that we see it for what it is.

Well stated, Sir. A reminder of the original purpose is always helpful. I don't understand why hunters and non-hunting shooters would not get along when it comes to 2A issues, but I'm new so I missed the drama of previous years. Either way, I am here now to help when I can.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Well stated, Sir. A reminder of the original purpose is always helpful. I don't understand why hunters and non-hunting shooters would not get along when it comes to 2A issues, but I'm new so I missed the drama of previous years. Either way, I am here now to help when I can.

It started as a minor schism, but that was a big enough opening for the anti's to exploit. In their hearts hunters know the score, but when Obama, O'Malley, and the lesser gun-grabbers told the hunters they could 'keep their guns', the 'I got mine' syndrome kicked in, which allowed their side to be split off from the herd ... to use another metaphor.

Evil Black Rifles were easy to distinguish from their traditional hunting counterparts, even though the hunting rifles were mere lethal. And then came the "you don't NEED a 30rd magazine to hunt deer" meme, and the schism widened even more.

Miller and Busch kissed up to MHC, and the rest was history ... until SB 947 came along and our warnings rang true in their ears ... "YOU'RE NEXT".

Attachments

• A Hunter's Lament (small).jpg
      A Hunter's Lament (small).jpg
      31.6 KB · Views: 197

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'll start a rumor

Stop Californicating Maryland ...

From CalGuns -
    ALERT: DOJ Issues Magazine Ban Regulations

All gun owners who possess “large-capacity” magazines in California — and all gun owners who possess “10/30” or similarly reduced-capacity magazines in California will be subject to arrest, fine, and prison if those magazines aren't surrendered or disposed of.

Coming to a General Assembly near you ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just for some Historical Perspective

It was hunters / sportsmen/ outdoorsmen who fought the good fight, and held the line for gunrights ever since gun control crept from Jim Crow to the overall population. If it weren't for them gun rights, and most gun ownership would have gone away in the mid 1930's .

Up until the past 20yrs, the concept of anti-hunter gun rights advocates not only didn't exist, but, but would have been ridiculed if you suggested it.

On the same theme, within same time period ;

Every LE person below political apointment level, had 90% plus probability of being pro-gun. 90% plus of gun owners were firm LE supporters.

The other side is running divide & concour against us, and they're gaining way too much.

Mr H

Banana'd

Thanky, Ma'am...

;)

If you're not already a member of MSI, I sincerely recommend becoming involved.

Numbers, cohesiveness and constancy are among our best tools to take back our state.

Maryland 2018: The FREED state

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It was hunters / sportsmen/ outdoorsmen who fought the good fight, and held the line for gunrights ever since gun control crept from Jim Crow to the overall population. If it weren't for them gun rights, and most gun ownership would have gone away in the mid 1930's .

Up until the past 20yrs, the concept of anti-hunter gun rights advocates not only didn't exist, but, but would have been ridiculed if you suggested it.

On the same theme, within same time period ;

Every LE person below political apointment level, had 90% plus probability of being pro-gun. 90% plus of gun owners were firm LE supporters.

The other side is running divide & concour against us, and they're gaining way too much.

Great post.

Most here don't agree but if not for the ones they call fudds we would be disarmed years ago. Way to much Hunter bashing goes on here but that's just my opinion. And the antis aren't the only ones dividing us, many here just dislike hunters.

Insulting a group as large as hunters when we need all the help we can get is unproductive.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    Thanky, Ma'am...

;)

If you're not already a member of MSI, I sincerely recommend becoming involved.

Numbers, cohesiveness and constancy are among our best tools to take back our state.

Maryland 2018: The FREED state

I agree. Officially joined MSI yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom